• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space Brothers (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Watching eppie 33 made me wish there was a definite plan to do a Mars landing. I'm 47 now, so the likelihood of such an event in my lifetime, even if I live to the Canadian male average (which I think is about 84 years these days), is pretty slim. Some of you youngins might get to see it, though.

Anyway, from the Earth to the moon in a mere 33 episodes - yay!

think the male average is 79 female average is 84.

hasn't the launch of hibito only really been the last 12 or so episodes even though he's mentioned on the program to the moon from the beginning.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 34

spoiler[Hibito was really enjoying himself.
Taking off the suits part was kinda LOL
Guess everyone was not comfortable with it since they are on the moon.
Well, everyone except Hibito ^^
He was just totally carefree, but it took the pressure off of everyone else.
Mutta at home, waiting for the test results..]
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
there were at least two glaring inconsistencies:
1) Huston says they remotely sent the bus to the team at 10km/h you should be able to see it. "yeah Hibito is already there" and the bus is stationary.

2) the moon station when seen from above shows only the tracks of the vehicles they arrived in and just moved and not a huge construction mess that wouldn't go away for centuries.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
You can add that the show doesn't do a great job of illustrating zero g when they are inside the moonbase or inside the vehicle.

Anyway, seems like we are finally going to learn who the new JAXA astronauts are, thank God. Although, it looks as if they may spread that out over a number of episodes. I kinda hope this show wraps up after episode 38. I'm more or less done with it but I've put so much time into now that I want to see it through to the end. It'll be a drag for me if this goes to 52 episodes.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
You can add that the show doesn't do a great job of illustrating zero g when they are inside the moonbase or inside the vehicle.

Anyway, seems like we are finally going to learn who the new JAXA astronauts are, thank God. Although, it looks as if they may spread that out over a number of episodes. I kinda hope this show wraps up after episode 38. I'm more or less done with it but I've put so much time into now that I want to see it through to the end. It'll be a drag for me if this goes to 52 episodes.

I didn't look too closely if there were a bunch of unsecured items in either so I can't say if they goofed or not.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
Well, of course, on the moon its not zero gee, but when they were all standing around in the vehicle afraid to take their suits off, they seemed to be standing around just like they were on Earth. It would have been better if they put in some details that remind us that they aren't experiencing earth levels of gravity.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, of course, on the moon its not zero gee, but when they were all standing around in the vehicle afraid to take their suits off, they seemed to be standing around just like they were on Earth. It would have been better if they put in some details that remind us that they aren't experiencing earth levels of gravity.

baring the comedic aspect the fear of taking off the suites is sooooooo not realistic because of all the training these people do to even be where they were. if all the meters say its safe they wouldn't debate who goes first and it definitely wouldn't fall on the mission captain to lead the way.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

baring the comedic aspect the fear of taking off the suites is sooooooo not realistic because of all the training these people do to even be where they were. if all the meters say its safe they wouldn't debate who goes first and it definitely wouldn't fall on the mission captain to lead the way.

Yeah. That was pretty dumb.

Also Hibito would DEFINITELY have gone over to check out the flashing thing if he even had the slightest impression that it might have been something unusual. That's why they're on the moon in the first place.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Yeah. That was pretty dumb.

Also Hibito would DEFINITELY have gone over to check out the flashing thing if he even had the slightest impression that it might have been something unusual. That's why they're on the moon in the first place.

I agree the flash would have been more than enough to get a look see out of the team.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 35

spoiler[The call from JAXA.
Flashbacks about Ken-chan's life were nice.
At least we got to know him better.
After all that long intro, I gald he passed ^^
This episode was all about him.]
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
Did not expect them to use up an entire episode for Makabe...

This is a very character-driven series and it's getting to know these characters that makes it great, but I think in this case they stretched it out a little too much. Really curious as to how far they'll get in the story at this rate.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I totally buy them being nervous about opening up their suits, but I agree it was overplayed. As for not checking out the flash immediately, top priority, just having landed, has got to be making sure everything is working correctly at the base.

Speaking of things I would totally buy, if anyone actually makes those chocolate footprint bars, I want some...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
they should have got two people through in this epi not just makabe.
now we'll be stuck watching her entire drive to become an astronaut next week and mutta's the following week assuming they don't fail him that is (highly unlikely since it is "space brothers")
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Petrea Mitchell wrote:
I totally buy them being nervous about opening up their suits, but I agree it was overplayed. As for not checking out the flash immediately, top priority, just having landed, has got to be making sure everything is working correctly at the base.

I think it was mostly used as a device to show how carefree Hibito is.
Gigikun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
So the new Ending theme for Space Brothers has been decided. Apparently from January onwards, the ending song will be from the singer Hata Motohiro's "Goodbye Isaac".

This means that Space Brothers will probably go past the 40~50 episode mark. (in January we'll be at 40+ episodes and I can't imagine them using a new Ending for only a few episodes).

EDIT: The opening will be Fujifabrics' new song "Small World"

Source: http://www.ytv.co.jp/uchukyodai/smartphone/info/info20121206.html
http://www.ytv.co.jp/uchukyodai/smartphone/info/info20121211.html

Last edited by Gigikun on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 43