• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad to become TV anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zalas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
While this source may not be 100% reliable, I consider it very reasonable, for the Clannad movie will be premiered on September 15th, and we had Kanon's trailer just about a year ago, followed by Kanon on TV six months later.

Thanks for the lead. I still don't see a random YouTube user as a reliable source for rumors, but I guess we can always just wait until March 20 to see what actually happens, hehe.

Akukaze wrote:
And CLANNAD goes into \winter, but the theme is focused on Spring, and the same holds for ONE, IMO.

Except the majority of CLANNAD takes place in spring, the majority of Kanon takes place in winter, the majority of AIR takes place in summer and none of ONE seems to take place in fall. Maybe you should just tie ONE into a "shining" season ;o

abunai wrote:
That's right -- Key makes nakige, not eroge. Damn good ones, too.

Actually, they make both, as nakige and eroge are not mutually exclusive categories. Both AIR and Kanon were nakige and eroge originally. You might be mistaking eroge with yarige, where the point of the game is the erotic content. Interestingly enough, Key has been trying to produce more clean games recently, such as CLANNAD, Planetarian and Little Busters.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
I still don't see a random YouTube user as a reliable source for rumors, but I guess we can always just wait until March 20 to see what actually happens, hehe.

Don't worry, if there's any more reliable source says otherwise I'll correct it before you know it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
animecritixx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching Kanon Remake to find a new anime from Key. Loved Kanon, now looking forward to watching Clannad!
Calculusman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
I'm not one who plays visual novels all that much, but I have played a few (I haven't played any of the three KA are turning into anime series though). I'm still hoping for Kana to be adapted. I figure that's more of a hope than anything else, though.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
abunai wrote:
That's right -- Key makes nakige, not eroge. Damn good ones, too.

Actually, they make both, as nakige and eroge are not mutually exclusive categories. Both AIR and Kanon were nakige and eroge originally. You might be mistaking eroge with yarige, where the point of the game is the erotic content. Interestingly enough, Key has been trying to produce more clean games recently, such as CLANNAD, Planetarian and Little Busters.

Correction noted, and you're right - I was overextending the eroge spectrum to cover yarige. However, you'll agree, I feel sure, that these terms are somewhat fluid and not quite separate.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
For those who got lost there....

Nakige = crying games ("sad girl in snow" types), Love hurts.
Yaruge= games who main function is for sex
Eroge = games which contain sex

Eroge is the broad classification while nakige and yaruge are subtypes. Definitions courtesy of a site that I can't link to because it contains erotic content.
vanMould

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Hm...Anidb says that Clannad will be a 2008 series. Could one possibly hope for SHnY S2/more FMP/Planetarian this autumn?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
vanMould wrote:
Hm...Anidb says that Clannad will be a 2008 series. Could one possibly hope for SHnY S2/more FMP/Planetarian this autumn?

Well, I don't know where AniDB received that info from, but Moon Phase has it on 2007. Chance of a Planatarian anime adaptation within in this year is very slim.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
velocity7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quote
anime#7809

I'd just like to know where the vintage date came from, let alone who confirmed "kage futatsu" was an ED theme. Although the two are very likely, isn't it a bad idea to keep speculative information up there?
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I really don't like to be a necromancer but her goes...

CLANNAD airing date = October 4, 2007 25:55AM

Rejoice!

Edit reason: Geh... I wrote October 4, 1:55AM when in fact the air time is October 4, 25:55AM Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3