• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most disturbing scenes in anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne: spoiler[after Van starts becoming one with his Guymelif, and his suit is heavily damaged, the scene where the creators of Escaflowne grind, saw, and tear away at the suit, with Van writhing in pain from what's happening...damn, that was pretty disturbing.]

It may have been mentioned before, but the scene in Evangelion where spoiler[Gendo hits the magic button to make Unit 01 go into auto-pilot and it rips Bardiel apart and even CRUSHES THE ENTRY PLUG DESPITE THE EVA HAVING BEEN TAKEN OUT OF COMMISSION] is pretty damn gruesome, too.
Webbmaster62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote
I actually remember that scene with Eva. I still couldn't get it out of my mind after I saw it. I had to rewind a couple of times before I could finally grasp it.
Innotech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:26 am Reply with quote
not a whole lot has distrubed me in anime, but one particular scene gets to me, and its not even really gory. Its the scene in Mushishi when spoiler[you find out that the Mushi dissolved the little girls eyes and all that is left are emtpy sockets]
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I like violence so not much disturbs me. However when I was a kid I watched the movie Kite. Yeah that disturbed me kind of. Can't post spoilers because that show is just too fucked up.
BrightxRingxFirefly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I agree, Kite is a disturbing movie through and through. It is such a sad, harrowing story. I can honestly say that I found spoiler[Sawa's constant abuse and the rape scenes] to be highly disturbing and trauma-inducing even as just a viewer.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote
Last episode of Berserk was disturbing more than one ways but good that it ended very memorably.

I'm squeamish when the body parts of characters are mutilated, and Elfen Lied had a lot, if I may say, bit too excessive.
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
The first five to ten minutes of first Elfen Lied episode is the most disturbing scene, .spoiler[particularly when Lucy decapitates a secretary then uses her corpse as a human shield].
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
For me, there's no question -- it's episode 11 of Shadow Star Narutaru where spoiler[a young girl is raped by other girls with a test-tube. The principal rapist then threatens to punch the victim in her abdomen so that the test-tube will shatter inside her. The victim and her tormenters are all about twelve years old.]
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:59 am Reply with quote
Ah, a post brought back from the dead. Pretty interesting to spot-read 27 pages, but worth it. I'm sure I'll be repeating some, but that's okay.

Suzuka - The scene starting after the opening credits of episode 1 ending through the closing credits of the final episode. So incredibly disturbing, nothing will ever top it.

Ghost Hunt - The Bloodstained Labyrinth - spoiler[Mai dreams of a recent victim being taken away to one of the eeriest scenes I've witnessed in anime. She's thrown onto the table as someone with a large knife approaches her. The look on her face is telling.]

Elfen Lied - (as if this series didn't get a mention) - spoiler[Mayu's reasons for running away from home, visually depicted.]. What's worse is the truth of its telling is more real than fiction.

Air - spoiler[Misuzu invites a complete stranger to her home with no supervision]. Stupid girl.

Animation Runner Kuromi - No spoilers needed here, as it's not really a scene as much as it is how the DVD was produced. One has to use the Angle feature of the DVD player to watch the anime. That's pretty damn disturbing.

Comic Party: Revolution - Going from the first "season" to this one can definitely be defined as "disturbing".

Divergence Eve - It's pretty disturbing to know how these girls can walk around without a single complaint of back problems.

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid - spoiler[Watching Gates dangle one of the dead sisters and complain when she "breaks"] counts as both fun to watch and disturbing.

Ikki Tousen - It was pretty disturbing to find out the panties weren't as cheaply made as the school uniforms (which fell apart with the slightest touch).

Nanoha A's - spoiler[The scene where Nanoha loses her linker core] was freaky.

Ramen Fighter Miki - Gotta say, it's pretty disturbing not many know of this series. Okay, I know the title says scenes, but cut me some slack. Gotta prop this series whenever I can.

Solty Rei - spoiler[Roy finally finds his daughter only to lose her in an accident. The hand scene sent shivers.]

When They Cry (Higurashi) - The whole damn series, but in a good way! Definitely catch this excellent series.

Last edited by PetrifiedJello on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Comic Party: Revolution - Going from the first "season" to this one can definitely be defined as "disturbing".

ROFL - so disturbing I dropped it after the first disc and gave it away. I prefer to pretend that it doesn't exist.

Quote:

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid - spoiler[Watching Gates dangle one of the dead sisters and complain when she "breaks"] counts as both fun to watch and disturbing.

So I wasn't the only one creeped out by that. Good to know. to be honest, Gates just gives me the ebbie jeebies.

I actually had an issue in Slayers Try when Xellos was beating spoiler[Valgav] into a bloody pulp. Just the part where he spoiler[grinds his staff into the guy's arm] made me cringe. It really looked painful.

Oddly enough - Elfen Lied didn't disturb me... well, the ridiculous amount of fan service did. I know there was something in it that disturbed me but I can't really put my finger on it exactly. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the spoiler[youngest one who had the daddy-complex getting ripped apart.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Xam'd - spoiler[the scene where Nakiami is trying to talk to that black blobby thing that grabbed her but instead of it listening to her, (like you traditional expect to happen with the spiritual in-tuned character types when talking to a creature) it covers her mouth and casually pops her into it's mouth. The way they drew that... the detail they put into giving that things lips and have her disappear into that thing without her being able to move... so creepy. I think they even gave that little wiggling of her feet as it shallowed her. SO creepy...]
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Bento-Box wrote:
ROFL - so disturbing I dropped it after the first disc and gave it away. I prefer to pretend that it doesn't exist.

I should also point out this applies to going from Gunslinger Girl to its second season, which may very well take the cake in this category.

Poor Triela.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
The ending to Berserk just about tore my heart out the first time I watched it to see basically every character you have grown to like spoiler[being slaughtered by The God hand] that's pretty disturbing I mean I have heard people say they broke down cried after it was over. Ether that or the episode in Shikabane Hime spoiler[where Keisei Tagami gets killed and that's not even the worst part it's when Ori gets home and finds the special birthday stew Keisei made for him.] that made me depressed for about two days.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

Yeah, no Elfen Lied style spoiler[dog-beating], a scene which just made me feel a little grossed-out, can compare to the understated horror of what's behind the blank-staring chimera from episode 7 of Fullmetal Alchemist. That one kept me up deep into the night. Shocked

Oh yeah... man that episode is a bit disturbing. spoiler[Doing that to your wife and kid. And all the creepier, only because of curiosity.] I never notice until recently but I'm often all to happy to skip over that episode.
darkknght862

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, the creapiest anime i've ever seen, but that is what makes it so awesome
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 33