• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Kouichi Yamadera, Voice Actress Rie Tanaka Get Married

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Someone dug up this 2004 interview.

Awwww poor Mr. T. S. (as Hide--)

An english translation would be nice...

Though if I had to guess it's probably something about him getting turned down trying to go out with her.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
dormcat wrote:
Someone dug up this 2004 interview.

Awwww poor Mr. T. S. (as Hide--)

An english translation would be nice...

Though if I had to guess it's probably something about him getting turned down trying to go out with her.

Some of her male fans sent letters asking her if it's possible to have sparks between her and "Mr. T. S. as Hide--". She replied "Sorry but the answer is NO-NO; I'll never marry someone like [him]. My type of man should be father-like, stronger and wiser than myself."

It has been a long time rumor that Mr. T. S. has a big crush on Tanaka after their first anime as male and female protagonists, respectively. In fact, all local (and I dare say most East Asian) fans were thinking about him when we learned the news of wedding. I wonder how many ANN forumites have ever heard the rumor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
Someone posted on a Rie Tanaka (age 33) thread at 2ch a list of Japanese voice actresses in their 30s (and a few in their 40s plus one 20 year old erroneously) who are single (I added their age in parentheses):

Michiko Neya (46), Rica Matsumoto (41), Tomoko Kaneda (39), Yukari Tamura (36), Houko Kuwashima (36), Yui Horie (35), Miyu Matsuki (34), Nana Mizuki (32), Rie Kugimiya (33), Chiaki Takahashi (35), Asami Imai (35), Mai Nakahara (31), Ryouko Shintani (31), Natsuko Kuwatani (33), Mamiko Noto (32), Yuuko Gotou (31), Kaori Mizuhashi (37), Ryou Hirohashi (34), Haruna Ikezawa (36), Minami Kuribayashi (36), Minori Chihara (31), Chiwa Saitou (31), Halko Momoi (34), Ai Nonaka (31), Hitomi Nabatame (35), Shizuka Itou (31), Minako Kotobuki (uh, she's only 20), Masumi Asano (34), Megumi Toyoguchi (34), Rina Satou (31), Eriko Nakamura (30), Yuu Kobayashi (30), Mikako Takahashi (32), Misato Fukuen (30), Aya Endou (32), Junko Takeuchi (40), Yuuko Gibu (31), Ai Shimizu (31), Asami Sanada (34), Akemi Kanda (33), and Kana Ueda (32).

A lot of well-known veteran Japanese female seiyuu are apparently unmarried.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Some of her male fans sent letters asking her if it's possible to have sparks between her and "Mr. T. S. as Hide--". She replied "Sorry but the answer is NO-NO; I'll never marry someone like [him]. My type of man should be father-like, stronger and wiser than myself."

At least now she got her daddy issues resolved. Smile

Siegel Clyne wrote:

A lot of well-known veteran Japanese female seiyuu are apparently unmarried.

Way past Xmas cake or previously married?
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, so basically Spike Speigel and Lacus Clyne got married? Hope to see some sort of fan art on that!

But on a serious note. congrats to them and I wish them the best of luck.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
If I were just judging them by looks I'd say, "Nerdy looking geek getting married to a hot looking babe. SAY WHAT?!!! Shocked "

Well he wasn't the only one, you're familiar with Train Man. He's another example "nerdy looking geek getting married to a hot looking babe".

Anyway, congrats to both of them for their marraige. Since both of them are famous seiyus, I expect the wedding event is going to be big (I could be wrong).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Esidici

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Congratulations!

Wait... did Lacus just marry Spike? That's AWESOME!

On a creepier side, Albeido married Suigintou.

Allow me to do worse: Albedo married Chii. Arg, I hope I didn't jinx it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3