• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kara no Kyoukai Gets New Final Chapter on BD with Subs

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote
Must have now! Been waiting a long time for this. Now if only someone would bring it over to the US.
redcar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
Must have now! Been waiting a long time for this. Now if only someone would bring it over to the US.

Seconded. I've been dying to see the movies for a very, very long time now Anime cry
The Count

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
Well depending on just how high the price will be this may be my first import.

I wish more companies would do this, both in anime and videogames. Putting subtitles on a show or game and unlocking the region coding seems like a simple way to bring in more cash. I know there's legal and copyrights issues that can complicate this, but I really think more companies could bring in more sales this way.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
troll post was removed.

Everyone already knows you pirate everything. Do you really need to proudly announce the fact?

The Count wrote:

Unless if you're used to JP prices, you'll likely balk. ¥52,000 is the list price. It's ¥38,850 on amazon.co.jp right now, it'll like go one percent lower to 27% off. Sometimes it goes to 30% off, but relatively rarely. Either way, depending on how bad the exchange rate is, you're likely looking at $400+.
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote
The Count wrote:

I wish more companies would do this, both in anime and videogames. Putting subtitles on a show or game and unlocking the region coding seems like a simple way to bring in more cash. I know there's legal and copyrights issues that can complicate this, but I really think more companies could bring in more sales this way.

¥5,2500 MSRP for 8 BDs, artbook etc.

It may devalue the international licences, FUNi etc. may demand they pay less money for it as they (in theory*) will lose sales to the Japanese version.

*No one bar the most harcore collector will buy at japanese prices, especialy after export costs (import VAT on £400, is £80 (at new rate) without duty etc.)
You US people have awful exchange rate atm ~$84.5 to the yen
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
When I saw that it had english subs I was thinking this just might be a import for me but then I saw the price and there is no way I can justify that pricing even if I love the series.

Aniplex has mentioned interest at getting the series over here in the US so I would think it's just a matter of time. The question is if they will be releasing DVD only or if they will release both DVD and blu-ray.

I would assume that if they announce it for the US any time soon it will be DVD only for awhile until the fear of reverse import is reduced.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:

Great news. I've yet to get on the BD bandwagon. By the time that happens they'll have something else. Now if someone, SOMEONE would bring these movies over. Can't you see that 'Type-Moon' is AWESOME!! Shiki all the way BAY-BE!!!

If the Japanese market goes this way with their BDs then I might consider purchasing one. Good quality movie with subs and it's a legit product. So US companies, think about it.
*If 'Oblivion Island' BD had a sub track I would have been sooooo there.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quote
It would be interesting if this was Aniplex of America's only release, distributed in the US at the same MSRP as the Japanese version. Gundam Unicorn style, basically. It does seem that Aniplex's gardenofsinners domain name has laid fallow for an awfully long time, may be the plans to give it a more normal R1 release have faltered.

If they only sold 10 copies, it might be considered a success.

Although I don't think I'll be getting it. I've never seen any of Kara no Kyoukai, and since my only pre-conception of it is "Type Moon and Nasu are pretty overrated," I can't justify an expensive import.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote
Hnnng.

I really hope someone licenses this series soon.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
I need to start saving right now.... as I don't see how a KnK BD American release can be announced in the next 2-3 years with these prices.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
60-minute edited Remix -Gate of seventh heaven- compilation of the first six films
Wow, that's going to be a little... cramped.
Amazon.co.jp have this up for pre-order discount at £300. Very tempting.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Sweet zombie Jesus! That thing is awesome, I want this damn movie series licensed so bad. It even comes with a new movie. Evil or Very Mad
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:

Everyone already knows you pirate everything. Do you really need to proudly announce the fact?

Please get off your pony, good sir. kthnxbye

Anyways, I'm fairly certain that this "final chapter" will probably be focused around Mana.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Please get off your pony, good sir. kthnxbye

Why, do you want to borrow it? You seem to be looking for damsels in distress to save.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
i only saw the first 4...but every single one was epic. If only I had the money for that.....lol. someone please license this and sell at reasonable prices (so that leaves sentai out)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5