• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Galaxy Angel Rune English dub cast?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:51 am Reply with quote
anime#6255

Has that cast been confirmed or is it another one of those wishful thinking types that abused the Encyclopedia?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote
The same user also submitted English casts and ADV Films as ADR Production company for D.C. ~Da Capo~, a series not yet licensed. I've given him/her a PM and 48 hours to reply or his/her submission privilege revoked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
anime#6255

Has that cast been confirmed or is it another one of those wishful thinking types that abused the Encyclopedia?

The cast is definitely false - it's not likely there would be a cast from so many different talent pools. I think Bandai Visual is doing a sub-only release on Galaxy Angel Rune, unfortunately (as much as I'd like Ocean to do a dub)

The user has also entered false dub casts for other shows too, like Keroro Gunso.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
The user has also entered false dub casts for other shows too, like Keroro Gunso.

That statement brings up a question: is the currently listed English cast for Keroro Gunso false then? I'm already skeptical enough of some of the casting choices (namely Steve Blum and this "Mike Chapman" person), so I just want to make sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
It's both funny and sad to see that user has already read my PM yet doesn't stop spamming: s/he has moved the target to other titles e.g. Doraemon (1973 version). Looks like I was too lenient to give this user a chance to speak for him/herself.

I hate to break promises, but I have to stop this person doing further damage to the Encyclopedia. The user is now banned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

That statement brings up a question: is the currently listed English cast for Keroro Gunso false then? I'm already skeptical enough of some of the casting choices (namely Steve Blum and this "Mike Chapman" person), so I just want to make sure.

The cast was no doubt false, as it had many people who would never likely be in an ADV dub. ADV usually always has a cast guessing game or cast list on the AnimeOnDVD English Track forum to announce dub casts for their new shows.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Jedi General wrote:

The cast was no doubt false, as it had many people who would never likely be in an ADV dub. ADV usually always has a cast guessing game or cast list on the AnimeOnDVD English Track forum to announce dub casts for their new shows.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. I'm an admin on Keroro fansite and people there had been going crazy over the "cast." Now it's time to break the bad news ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1