• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Koihime Musō Moe Adventure Game Gets TV Anime, Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shionxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(If I possessed perfect fluentcy in Japanese, maybe things would be different.)

This is one of the most retard things I hear as of lately.

Quote:
What's killing anime is anime "fans" who can't be bothered to spend money on the thing they claim to be a fan of. Fans of moe-type anime ARE paying money in Japan. Why should the Japanese make things that appeal to people who aren't buying?

Personally, this is great for me. As DmonHiro said, I love moe. Although unlike him, I bought the R1's of AIR and am in the process of buying the one's for Kanon, being also a fan of English dubs. (If I possessed perfect fluentcy in Japanese, maybe things would be different.) Regardless, I'm supporting the anime I want in the format I want it, which is considerably more than quite a few "fans" are doing right now.

Whether the illegal downloader and bootleg buyer is Japanese or American or Atlantian, they are hurting the industry. Why are we seeing mostly moe and sequels being announced right now? For the simple reason that moe sells and sequels to already successful shows sell to. Everything else? If there aren't enough people buying it, why should more of it be made?

At this point, anime fans here in the land of R1 DVDs should either stop being so pretentious and embrace these types of shows or just accept the reality that the Japanese aren't making stuff for them to watch and even if they were, there's not enough money in it except for HUGE successes like Hellsing and EVA.

Not every anime is Cowboy Bebop folks. Stop expecting to experience the Rapture with every series that comes out and just try to enjoy the shows for what they are. Try something other than Naruto every now and then. At this point, about the only things doing well are shonen, moe, and ecchi.

Richard J. your ideology is very short-minde is some aspects.

I do agree to you that people should watch other things besides Naruto and bleach but 95% of MOE is garbage.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
shionxx wrote:

I do agree to you that people should watch other things besides Naruto and bleach but 95% of MOE is garbage.

His main point is that even if it is garbage, it still sells. I picked up on his meaning as more of a, "We'd see less moe if non-moe sold just as well".
GregZor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
If I wanted crap writing and animation, I'd watch what's popular in America.

Post of the year

Also, moe sells because it's fans are so ronery Anime cry
kazana144

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote
You know, for a second the premise looked good. Any anime done on the three kingdoms era that ISN'T this one?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I know they've had quite a few manga series for it, and I wouldn't be surprised if maybe there is an older version of Three Kingdoms.
Reinhard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:42 am Reply with quote
kazana144 wrote:
You know, for a second the premise looked good. Any anime done on the three kingdoms era that ISN'T this one?

Yes, here: Yokoyama Mitsuteru Sangokushi
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

If I wanted crap writing and animation, I'd watch what's popular in America.

And what exactly is wrong with shows like the Boondocks, South Park and Futurama.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 am Reply with quote
The trend for eroge, or ero-games (hentai games), being adapted into non-erotic animation continues.

Largely because of its star studded seiyuu cast, it seems, many expect that the "tsundere-kei gakuen ren'ai adventure" ("tsundere campus love adventure") game Akaneiro ni Somarusaka Parallel, an upcoming Spring 2008 release from feng / GoodNavigate for Sony PlayStation 2, will be adapted into an anime. It is based on Akaneiro ni Somarusaka (NSFW link), a computer ero-game from feng.

The male protagonist (hero):

Jun'ichi Nagase

The female characters (heroines) and their voice actors:

Yuuhi Katagiri: Rie Kugimiya (Shana in Shakugan no Shana; Nagi Sanzenin in Hayate the Combat Butler)

Minato Nagase: Aya Hirano (Haruhi Suzumiya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Konata Izumi in Lucky Star)

Tsukasa Kiryuu: Marina Inoue (Yoko Ritona in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; Mina Tsukuda / Mina Tsukishiro in Getsumen to Heiki Mina)

Mizuki Shiina: Rie Tanaka (Suigintou in Rozen Maiden; Lacus Clyne in Gundam SEED)

Mikoto Tachibana: Erino Hazuki (Akari Mizunashi in ARIA; Uzura in Princess Tutu)

Nagomi Shiraishi: Ryou Hirohashi (Tamaki Kawazoe in BAMBOO BLADE; Kyou Fujibayashi in CLANNAD)

Parallel original heroine Karen Ayanokouji: Emiri Katou (Kagami Hiiragi in Lucky Star; Sakuya Kamiyama in Candy Boy)

The character images pictured above, taken from the Character Introduction section of the Akaneiro ni Somarusaka Parallel official site, seemingly fit the character descriptions.

Off the top of my head...

Jun'ichi and Yuuhi, who hails from a rich, powerful family, have been betrothed against their will by their parents...

Karen, who also hails from a rich, powerful family, is Yuuhi's rival for Jun'ichi...

Minato has a serious brother complex for her older brother Jun'ichi...

Mizuki is the bubbly, cheery school idol - 90 percent of the boys at school are her fans - and, though her ability is not high, the student council president...
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Well there's Aya Hirano getting second billing after Rie Kugimiya (kind of shows how far Kugimiya's come in terms of popularity and how much Aya Hirano has fallen since 2006. I mean managing to be in almost everything is supposed to be Samuel L. Jackson's trait) and the other Rie seems to always be in everything the first Rie is. Yep everything seems in order right down to Emiri Katou making an appearanc and there being a character named Tsukasa. I see what you mean about the carefully crafted Seiyuu cast.

Am I to understand this means it already has an anime or that it's liable to get won, in which case I'd agree?
tissuekins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes, because those who want those things that aren't moe or that don't suck can't find those things, or they're out of their price, as I myself am not made out of money. We resort to downloading because our wallets do not puke money. Also, this is out of line, Moe has just ruined one of the world's greatest and oldest literary classics of Asian literature. It's like putting giant robots in Shakespeare or the bible, oh wait...
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin:
Quote:
And what exactly is wrong with shows like the Boondocks, South Park and Futurama.

Only one of those shows is actually made in America, and people don't watch it for its animation. Rolling Eyes Futurama is basically The Simpsons in the future. I will concede the other shows being good, but they're the exceptions to the rule.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Well there's Aya Hirano getting second billing after Rie Kugimiya (kind of shows how far Kugimiya's come in terms of popularity and how much Aya Hirano has fallen since 2006. I mean managing to be in almost everything is supposed to be Samuel L. Jackson's trait) and the other Rie seems to always be in everything the first Rie is. Yep everything seems in order right down to Emiri Katou making an appearanc and there being a character named Tsukasa. I see what you mean about the carefully crafted Seiyuu cast.

Am I to understand this means it already has an anime or that it's liable to get won, in which case I'd agree?

No anime version has been announced yet.

Because feng/GoodNavigate apparently made the effort to assemble an all-star seiyuu cast for the PS2 game, a number of fans in Japan believe that Akaneiro ni Somarusaka Parallel will be made into an anime, featuring the same seven voice actresses playing the same seven heroines.

Providing there would be an anime, who would voice the main character Jun'ichi, the hero of the show?

Also, regarding female seiyuu and their fanbase at Japan's 2ch message boards...

2005-2006: Mamiko Noto seemed to have had the most fanatical and delusional fanboys.

2006-2007: Aya Hirano seemed to have had the most fanatical and delusional fanboys.

2007-?: Rie Kugimiya seems to have the most fanatical and delusional fanboys.

Examples of seiyuu fanboy delusions at 2ch...

Back in 2005, Mamiko Noto fanboys at 2ch fell hook, line and sinker for the lie that she had landed the role of Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicle, and the much more absurd lie that she had landed the role of Doraemon in Doraemon.

In 2008, Rie Kugimiya fanboys at 2ch believed that Rie Kugimiya's appearance as Nena Trinity on Mobile Suit Gundam 00 would tremendously boost its television household audience ratings in the Kantou region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.) to averages of more than 6.0%.

Her appearance has had no discernible positive effect on Gundam 00's Kantou TV ratings, which have been averaging less than 5.0%.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Kaioshin:
Quote:

Only one of those shows is actually made in America, and people don't watch it for its animation. Rolling Eyes Futurama is basically The Simpsons in the future. I will concede the other shows being good, but they're the exceptions to the rule.

I'm going to guess you never really watched Futurama if you think it's "The Simpsons in the future".
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
With this whole Moe debate, I keep hearing people bring up shows like Naruto and other similar types of fighting shows when speaking out against moe shows. Naruto type of shows are great but just as someone said not all moe shows are classics nor are all Naruto type of anime.

I am also not sure you are going to the same demographics with Moe anime as with Naruto fighthing type of anime or Gunslinger Girl type of anime when talking about fanbases.

Sure there will be crossover fans, but isn't it possible and it does it not seem likely that those crying out against moe are merely in a different demographic?

That said I also tend to agree with Richard J. the death of anime will be from fans that act like toddlers on the playground not seeing what they have but seeing someone is not giving them instant gratification of what they want and then responding like toddlers about it; this goes both ways, to those that gripe about the Naurto type when that was a lot of what was coming out and the those complaining about the moe type being so popular now.

I also love this trend and hope it continues because for me at least and others that give it a chance these are great series in all honestly, and while AIR and Kanon are perhaps not truly Moe they have part of that quality to them I think and are examples of what people are so easily dismissing with a broad stroke of saying "no moe".
kazana144

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quote
I dunno, a little moe now and then never really hurt, but this is getting ridiculous. A three kingdoms moe show is just =\
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3