• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai no Ichizon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
well that's good. keep it up
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

Holly cow, the series has finally had something major happen. The student council decide to get some ideas by asking other students, and thus we finally see our characters talking to the other students as they split up into their year groups. Kurimu seems popular enough, with Chizuru being protective, Mafuyu is spoiler[stuck with their teacher who turns out as useless as they expected, Ken feels some jealousy over Minatsu being so friendly with guys, and Minatsu feels the same over Ken's popularity.]

But the biggest part was what was figured out, mainly that spoiler[Minatsu figured out that she was in love with Ken, she felt like she was in pain, and Ken showed his serous side. And she felt better when she admited it to herself, unfortuantly Ken thought she had become posessed, and her heartstruck advances were met] by fear.

Next episode seems to also have something good to look forward to, seems that Ken's sister or childhood friend will finally make an appearance.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
color me surprised that Ken is actually a fairy popular guy. I definitely like the fact that the show is no longer restricted to just the student council room
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Ep 5

Cool we get to meet his step sister Ringo. Ringo also mentionedspoiler[ Asuka who I assume is the girl Ken was talking about in the last episode about who changed his personality to be outgoing]. Based on the previews it looks like spoiler[Ringo is going to pay him a visit and get everyone else jealous.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

We had a back and forth of just Ken and Kurumi, it fit into the usual style until Ken asked just the right question to show that Kurimu really does care. In the meantime Chizuru got a lesson on spoiler[BL by Mafuyu], and Minatsu wasspoiler[ questioned by a model friend who is also a Ken fan].

Wow his step sister looks younger than I was expecting, is this really the girl that Ken was accused of two timing with, she looks young. At least it was funny hearing that the spoiler[mother apparently went ghost faced thinking parts of the conversation, and the father started crying].

Next episode looks even better.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
from what we saw of Ringo, i don't understand why she would be depressed over Ken dating Asuka and all the drama that ensued which led Ken to deep depression.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
ok, now i see why. Ringo is amazingly and uncomfortably perceptive and really direct. Now i want to meet Asuka and see how much of bad influence she has been on Ringo
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
What a great naive yet perceptive younger sister. She got the entire student council jealous and Ken was too dense to figure it out. I really want to see Asuka. I can't find any images of her online, all we know she has white hair based on this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Perhaps it is becaus I just watched it, but this felt like one of the best episodes of either season. Seeing Ringo join in on the student council had the girls instantly spoiler[fall for her cuteness], before she blew each one of them away. Had spoiler[kind intentions with Minatsu, but her actions were corrupted by Ken's childhood friend], which created a lot of conflict with her usual hot headedness. Mafuyu was losing her spoiler[character Ringo due to similarities, making Mafuyu lose heart like that time she was not wearing her ribbon. Except apparently is a better version of her], don't worry mafuyu you still have your BL.

Then Ringo asked the spoiler[armour piercing question of Chizuru's actual feelings of Ken, this direct attack had a very strong effect on her. It seems that Ringo was able to read between the lines of what Ken wrote about them, and figure out Chizuru's entire facade, and almost made their entire relationship change in minutes, that is if the entire council did not jump in]. Seeing her call Chizuru up on her spoiler[tsun and call her cute and making Chizuru try to bribe her was hillarious, Didn't know we could see her like that.]

Lastly there was Kurimu, and Ringo instantly spoiler[fell into Kurimu's dellusions of grandure, beliving it way past what Kurimu thought was acceptable. Her wish so that she could be with Ken really messed with Kurimu, and she left no doubt that she likes Ken, all the while she was showing a maturity of liking someone that must have come from her situation in the past]. They said that they can't be a couple, but they are only step siblings is there really a law against such relationships? Ken and Ringo are rather similar in being apologetic, and their actions with each other brought out jealousy we had not seen since Elise.

But it was not over with Ken ending up looking bad with his sister to thespoiler[ teacher in a conversation about virgins, and then photographed in another bad look by Lilicia]. Not to mention that the student council happened to have a look at his phone.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

Lillicia episode, they said spoiler[they wanted side characters to be in the limelight, but it really was just them wanting to get rid of him for a while]. It ended up resulting in possibly the most over-sterotypical tsundere scene this year; I counted a total of 8 spoiler["don't get the wrong idea"s], hairstyle, bandaids. But then there was the dere, my god the dere was frightening, I don't think spoiler[hitting on Kurimu] is necessery for being a main character.

And for the second bit Kurimu hangs with Mafuyu, Kurimu's problems stunk of purely coming from her overinflated ego, but she was not too good to use her small nature to threaten Mafuyu. It ended sweetly with spoiler[Kurimu wanting to have something close with Mafuyu], but Lillicia managed to get something out of it, that is she made it look like spoiler[Ken was stalking Kurimu]. Of note I think Ken tried to spoiler[show Lillicia his true side, he acts like a perv, but they are jokes so that he can help people.]

A very self aware episode that kept pointing out that it was making one character more likeable. Lol, an owl.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2, Episode 7

Lillicia episode, they said spoiler[they wanted side characters to be in the limelight, but it really was just them wanting to get rid of him for a while]. It ended up resulting in possibly the most over-sterotypical tsundere scene this year; I counted a total of 8 spoiler["don't get the wrong idea"s], hairstyle, bandaids. But then there was the dere, my god the dere was frightening, I don't think spoiler[hitting on Kurimu] is necessery for being a main character.

yeah, the entire scene was kinda disturbing
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8

Cool we finally get to meet his ex-gf Asuka. I am kind of disappointed at Ken. I mean is it really that hard to choose between a younger sister and a hot girlfriend who is a childhood friend? I can understand if Asuka was some stranger but he knew her for a long time. That should have been an easy choice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

So we also finally got a look at Asuka, trading blows with Ken like any of the other girls, she also seems to spoiler[share a competitive past with him that looked cute for them to play out. She also did attacks on each of the main girls, although it was pointed out that despite all their apparent falling, they were just talking like the normally do and they kind of became friends.] Lol at her spoiler[attempt to come off as maried couple.]

Ken seems to have spoiler[continued to make the decision of making everyone happy, even though that will not make any of them fully happy and may be painful]. At this point I was thinking that his harem antics are falling into the wrong place if it will ultimatly hurt them, but it may very well be reaching its end anyway.

Kurimu and Chizuru are set to graduate in a weeks time which looks like it may be next episode, this also means that the other two will be moving soon anyway. The preview had tears from Ken, and Chizuru looking like she is holding back. How many episodes is this season?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Ep 8

Cool we finally get to meet his ex-gf Asuka. I am kind of disappointed at Ken. I mean is it really that hard to choose between a younger sister and a hot girlfriend who is a childhood friend? I can understand if Asuka was some stranger but he knew her for a long time. That should have been an easy choice.

I agree, Ken is a goddamn moron
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
breaking the 4th wall all the way to the end, Season 2 is over. Ken's heartfelt speech to each girl was really nice and I like the way it ended.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9