• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and its [as] brodcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote
My channel guide says that code geass and Moribito are still on. It has been wrong before though. If does say otherwise before then I will post so if it before I go to sleep.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote
My channel guide had Bleach and FMA compressed into the same 1/2 hour...then I remembered that there was a time change.

I guess we shall see what happens...There are the repeats coming up if it's that screwed up.

But, somehow, I have the feeling that we'll have to get the DVDs to see the ending.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Good luck to us all.

This line totally cracked me up. It sums up really well the fate of being a fan of anime on Cartoon Network.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quote
No doubt! I setup all the recordings, but I have to set them by whatever show the guide has listed. Here's to hoping that CG or Moribito doesn't fall on one of the half length show timeslots. If that does happen, I usually lose about 15 seconds of broadcast during the turn over. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll happen during the commercial break.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
On my DVR recorded shows from Saturday night, Code Geass and Moribito showed up embedded in 12 oz Mouse about 15 minutes into the recording. Fortunately, my DVR recorded 12 oz Mouse for 1 hour 15 minutes, so it looks like I got a complete copy of Moribito.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Well I wasn't totally sure what was gonna happen so I employed the backup plan. Found an old VHS tape or two and set two different VCRs to record Code Geass and Moribito, along with setting my DVR to record everything that was listed from 5am to 6am.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
GRRROWL!! I set the DVR to record what was on at 5 and 5:30...but since what the guide had listed were 15 min. Adult Swim shows, I only got the first halves of both Geass and Moribito!!! I know Geass is on adultswim.com, but what about Moribito?? Nuts!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, and that was a really good episode of Moribito. =/

But hey, they're rerunning the whole series so far, so you'll be able to see it again in 10 weeks. Smile (and also Sad for the very fact that they're rerunning it after only 10 episodes)
daedelus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote
Zewerr wrote:
No doubt! I setup all the recordings, but I have to set them by whatever show the guide has listed. Here's to hoping that CG or Moribito doesn't fall on one of the half length show timeslots. If that does happen, I usually lose about 15 seconds of broadcast during the turn over. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll happen during the commercial break.

Well, I can't speak for others, but the first half of CG went longer than 15min. so a little bit was cut off during the switch. Fortunately, the switch occurred during the commercial break for Moribito... which, by the way, was a very good episode.

I was actually on the edge of my seat during that last wager.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

Moribito's going into reruns next week, after only 10 episodes.

This is actually great for me. I can catch up to those episodes that I missed thanks to Ike. Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
numerrik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
The way they did it was, Play the last episode of GC season 1 at it's normal time. then play CG season 2 Ep 1 in Moribito's timeslot. after that, CG would play in it's normal time slot and moribito would play in it's normal time slot. but alas, AS changed it's schedule again so both are starting from the begining. For CG fans, you get to see R2 ep 1 again this week at it's new time, and next week you will have new episodes, mori fans, 10 weeks of repeats before more new episodes. New schedule is as follows.

New Saturday schedule on [as]

11:00 - Robot Chicken
11:30 - ATHF
12:00 - Boondocks
12:30 - Boondocks
1:00 - Bleach
1:30 - Moribito <----Gimme a Hell Yeah!
2:00 - Code Geass <----Whoa!
2:30 - Shin Chan <---Look who's back!
3:00 - FLCL
3:30 - Death Note
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop
5:00 - Big O
5:30 - Inuyasha

(copied from Sci-Fi channel forums.)
Zewerr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
I won't believe it until I see it on [AS].com or on TV. But if it does happen, then woot woot to more anime!
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
This may not be the right thread, but I wondered if you could clear something up for me. I've been hearing a lot of good thing sabout Moribito and was thinking of picking up the first two volumes. The only problem is that the site I usually use (DVD Pacific) has a few different versions of vol 1&2, but no information about the differences between them. A collector's box would be a huge plus, but I have no idea which one has it or even if there is one available.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/search2008.asp?c-id=all&t-id=&t-text=moribito
braves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
This one is just the regular 2 pack. And this one is the 2 pack with the art box. But it's very cheaply made in my opinion, but you can see for yourself.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1472008&postcount=138
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote
Thanks. You're right, the box looks kinda shabby and might not survive the long trip across the sea, so I'll have to think about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11