• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pandora Hearts (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Well I have yet to see Pandora Hearts but after reading the Plot Summary and egoist comments I'm rather sold on this anime. Rest assure I'll be looking into Pandora Hearts real soon. Anime smile
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Many other shows had disappointing endings too, so stop whining!

That's kind of like justifying a murder by the fact they happen every day. Laughing

There's no excuse for a bad ending, especially one brought about by the animation company and not the author's actual ending. The most common and, coincidentally, the easiest to avoid is the "Oh darn, we ran out of source material" types of non-endings. Simple Solution: Simply wait until the darn thing has concluded before adapting it and that won't happen. Unfortunately, this extremely simple concept is lost on the creators of most shounen anime series.

Another season may pick up the loose ends but being inconclusive and leaving major unresolved issues still reflects badly on a series in my book. I'm of the opinion that rating a series based on the merits of it's sequels isn't all that fair.

Also frankly not everything that needs another season actually gets one, and a lot of things that should never ever have a sequel actually get one defying all logic. It's totally random and nothing is ever guaranteed to get a continuation. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for one until it's announced and confirmed.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote
I must be odd, because I didn't mind the ending, so what if things were unresolved, I thought the point was that Oz could move forward. It could have been worse, and I thought it fit the series it was a big thing for Oz and it didn't need much except just listening to Lacie which still has mystery. I think compared to someting like .Hack//Roots it isn't bad. Maybe it is because I haven't seen the manga, but I enjoyed it.

I don't know if I just noticed it or if it was more prevailent but a lot of the music in last episode sounded to me like what was in .Hack//Sign. I quite enjoyed this series, espcialy the characters and mystery was fun, though the suprise in the last episode was obvious, I saw it quite a whille ago.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
True, it definitely could have been worse. Confused

I'm just bent because I seemed to have run into a streak of series I was watching that all ended rather poorly in my view (Rave Master, Canaan, and then Pandora Hearts). Luckily, I broke that streak today with Time of Eve.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Time of Eve didn't show us a satisfactory ending either.

And I agree with DuskyPredator. The ending wasn't as bad as everyone's claiming it to be.
spoiler[Oz finally settled things between him and his dad. That was like the main drama of Pandora Hearts. He also finally discovered his so unknown powers, even though it was for a short while.
]

I'm really expecting a second season, that last episode was crying for a new season. And I don't care if I'll be disappointed by having my hopes high.
zansabarshadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I LOVED pandora hearts, i was so sad when episode 25 came out. I have read the manga and i cant wait for the new volume to come out. o-o does anyone know when it will come out? o-o
evozcom

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:25 am Reply with quote
Ok I just Fin ep 25. And was left hanging at end. So i looked for more info. And there are Eps 26 to 34 . I Cant Find Any ware to Buy them.
Realy want to Find out what the Full ending is. could someone give me some info on this. Thax
egoist

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote
The 9 DVD episodes don't seem like anything important to the plot line. Just read the titles. "Bumbling Detective Break!!!" is the name of episode 26...
The manga is still coming out, so I doubt there's a full ending yet.

Oh, this thread brings back memories. Perhaps about time for a re-watch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote
The extra episodes are just DVD extras thanking the audience for buying the DVDs called Pandora Hearts special. They are often parodies, like a detective short, sterotypical school drama Cheshire bitching about things. Also some funny pics like this.

I do wonder what you mean by buy, I wa not aware that it was released out of Japan yet.
evozcom

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
there is 1 to 26 eps on DVD in Eng seen it for sell on ebay and other sites

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170485087579&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
evozcom

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Also is there any other Animes that are good to watch like this one
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 am Reply with quote
Anyway the extras should be found on "legit" dvds as another purpose was also to give a teaser of what the next dvd was about. I sould not be saying it, but you could always just watch them online, they are only about a couple minutes each.

As for simular like good shows, well I myself was also interested in looking for such, but I couldn't find too much. Simular series might be like Shakugan no Shana, Asura Cyyin' and Fairy Tail.

I myself quite liked the gothic setting of Pandora Hearts, and it made me want to see more.
evozcom

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote
i checked the listing on the dvd for sale. and from what it says that eps 1 -25 End. i dont think there planing to come out with any more eps. they may have had low sales or poor rep . Kind of like a few other animes cut short.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
actually no. It was one of the best anmie/manga during the year of 2008
ace-of-roses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
personally i like the manga better, yup sure is wonderful to have the anime, but the manga has gotten really deep and licensed too. and the artwork just draws me in deeper, deeper and deeper.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3