• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shin Mazinger -- info and discussion.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Just saw episode 20. Is it possible for me to love Tsubasa Nishikiori any more than I do? No, I don't think it is. Best. Character. In. This. Show.

I wonder, though, that if Dr. Hell had a Photon Power robot the entire time, why he didn't just break it out earlier? I mean, it mopped the floor with Mazinger! I know he was supposedly waiting for the right moment, but any moment would have been good enough. In fact, if he had done it earlier, it would have been an even easier victory for him.

And what's with Ashura? Is he/she now on Kouji's side entirely?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Ashura's still missing. Doubt he/she will be joining Kouji though, since they recently reaffirmed their loyalty to Dr. Hell.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:31 am Reply with quote
:Penguin

Do bad guys EVER do anything smart? I mean really?! Anime hyper

Ashura was NEVER on good guys' side. Didn't you see what happened at the end of the episode? spoiler[It was Pygman in disguise the WHOLE time! It was all an act to extort Zeus arm out of Tsubasa.]
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote
RedLeader wrote:
Ashura was NEVER on good guys' side. Didn't you see what happened at the end of the episode? spoiler[It was Pygman in disguise the WHOLE time! It was all an act to extort Zeus arm out of Tsubasa.]

Heh, with all that was going on, I forgot, or misunderstood. The whole time? spoiler[Pygman is as good at disguises as Ashura is. ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RedLeader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, he is! Anime hyper spoiler[I think the only difference is that he did it with magic, while Baron Ashura I think actually dresses the part. Illusion seems to be a big thing with Pygman, I've noticed.]
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Its funny you should mention that, considering (if you remember back to episode 1) Pygman is already wearing a "disguise." His true form is some little pygmy that's wearing his outer appearance.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
I know. Have you seen the raw of 21 yet? spoiler[When completely cornered, Pygman sheds his Jim Mazinger disguise and scuttles off showing his true appearance. ... And Pygmi thong too... Anime hyper]
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22 was mostly recap. It has some new scenes, but that's mostly what it is. A bit disappointing since the show has been on a great roll for as long as I can remember. I guess they're taking a run-up to this epic final battle.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote
Ah, really? I already downloaded 22 but I'm still waiting for my conversion program to finish shrinking that damnable MP4 into a tinier, less choppy MKV. And I don't know how long it's going to take...! Anime cry
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quote
Jeez, I haven't even gotten to episode 21 yet!

Waaaait uuuup! [/little kid voice]
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
Haha, I know. Gattai's translator has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth, they're looking for a new one now. Don't think we'll have 21/22 subs for a while now.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quote
Yeah, seems he went away somewhere without telling anyone. Oh, well... At least 22 WAS a clip show. And it's obvious that the final battle is here. [sigh] I knew 26 episodes was too short! Anime cry
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:39 am Reply with quote
Raw 23 is up! Most of it set up for the final battle. spoiler[The Mazinger Corps gets its ass kicked by Baron Ashura's new toy, Venus A is unveiled and looks cool for about 5 seconds, Boss Borot gets a fresh coat of paint, and Dr. Hell joins Kouji and company at laying flowers on Juuzo's grave. Oh, and Tsubasa curses Kenzo once more. Plus TWO historical references! The Photon Lab's scientists act overly obsessed with Sayaka ala Mazinkaiser and the bath scene from Volume 2 of the manga pops up with sadly, less nudity than the manga. Sad]

Still waiting for 22's subs. -_-
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote
This final battle is AWESOOOOME
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
Gah! Don't ruin it by saying it's awesome! Anime cry I'm currently converting the raw MP4 into something my dinosaur can run properly! [BEATS COMPUTER] DAMN YOU!!! CONVERT FASTER!!! MAZIN POWER IS TO BE HAD!!! MAZIIIIIIIIIIN POWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12