• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Real Drive.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
It's nothing big -- just a topless old man at the end, then a naked guy swimming spoiler[(same character, but younger-looking)] where you catch a glimpse of his behind. But he gets clothes on fairly quickly. Nothing R-rated.

But the end of the ED theme there's a naked man and woman (viewed from the side), so you might as well just skip over that anyway.

Yeah, that's nothing, really. With the ED it's a bit hard, especially when I like the song, but I think I could probably just do what I did with the Monnonoke OP and just minimize it.

Quote:
If you do decide to check out anything, be sure to check out the first episode of Itazura na Kiss. I know you're not that big on shojo, but what harm is there one episode? Who knows, you just might like it. Wink

I'm sure it's a wonderful series, but yeah, it being shoujo and all, we'll just see. Maybe I'll just give it a brief little preview or something. Wink
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
If this is dialogue heavy as GITS SAC and Ghost Hound no way I'm touching the raw for this lol. Is it just me or for this season the amount of people watching raws has increased by a lot? Not just here but AOD.
zhir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
To think I almost missed this thread because it sounded like a racing show. I totally misinterpreted the kind of drive this was about. Smile

This is great and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm very disappointed that Kamiyama isn't going to be directing. He was amazing in GitS: SAC and I'm going to miss him in this.

Edit: Not that I dislike Furuhashi. Chevalier was very good.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Is it just me or for this season the amount of people watching raws has increased by a lot? Not just here but AOD.

I'm just doin' it because everyone else is doin' it. Razz

zhir wrote:
This is great and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm very disappointed that Kamiyama isn't going to be directing. He was amazing in GitS: SAC and I'm going to miss him in this.

From what I got of that ANNtv focus on I.G, I'm going to assume that Kamiyama is actually working on something new at the moment. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
From what I got of that ANNtv focus on I.G, I'm going to assume that Kamiyama is actually working on something new at the moment. :wink:

Looks like he is, I'll copy a post from that forum by Neosam

Quote:
According to MoonPhase's anime list, the novel Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome (夜は短し歩けよ乙女) by Morimi Tomihiko will be getting animated, and will be directed by Kamiyama Kenji.

The novel won the second prize in the “2007 Bookstore Awards”.

Take this as a rumor until its confirmed

Novel cover on the left, manga volume cover 1 on the right

v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Is it just me or for this season the amount of people watching raws has increased by a lot? Not just here but AOD.

cause nothing is subbed yet (except for Code Geass), and it will be awhile before anything is.
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quote
About 11 shows subbed man... and only Vampire Knight came out since I said that.
Courbet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Seriously looking forward to this being posted subbed asap, I've seen the RAWs floating around but am too scared to look at them - might ruin the surprise a bit :O

Around 15 of the new shows have epi 1 and/or 2 subbed, this and Amatsuki are more or less the last of the bunch - great job fansubbers! Very Happy
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quote
The intro was pretty good, can't really say much more until this gets subbed.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote
zhir wrote:

Edit: Not that I dislike Furuhashi. Chevalier was very good.

I agree. Kamiyama will be missed. Still, Furuhashi has directed some great series (Kenishin, Chevalier, Zipang) and I'm also looking forward to Amatsuki. That's his other series this season.

I'm expecting the subs for RD to be slow like Ghost Hound, given the nature of both series. Hopefully they aren't as painfully slow as the subs for Hero Tales though (all 26 episodes have aired, yet only 1/2 of them have been subbed).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
headpower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Who designed the char, the girls in this show havehuge legs, they can be pro wrestler, i mean they have legs bigger than most man in the show.

the main character of the show is an old geezer that is about to die. wow thsi will turn a lot of ppls off.
zhir

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
headpower wrote:

the main character of the show is an old geezer that is about to die. wow thsi will turn a lot of ppls off.

You are failing to understand the concept of the show. The old characters will look the same age as the younger ones, unless they decide they want to look old.
headpower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I just finishe dwathcing ep2 subbed and he is only young when he dives, surfs the net, so he is still a physical old geezer that is about to rot to death.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
headpower wrote:
I just finishe dwathcing ep2 subbed and he is only young when he dives, surfs the net, so he is still a physical old geezer that is about to rot to death.

Wait a second..... Subbed? Really? As far as I can tell there isn't a single sub for this out there anywhere yet. Where did you find it? (probably PM me about it since we don't do that kind of thing on here Wink )
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quote
Subs are out in .avi but I think I'll wait for a HD release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7