• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Tower of Druaga: the Aegis of Uruk.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
my favorite bit was the

spoiler[****:"after this I'm going home and getting married."

"**** is dead"]

Spot the stiff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
The spoiler["tentacle rape" scene] is meant for laughs and nothing else (since it is a parody). Of course, you'll probably be better off watching it alone. spoiler[No actual nudity or sex, but its perverseness is undeniable, since MUCH is implied.] Still I couldn't help from enjoying spoiler[the perverted reactions of the guys, and the girl's line towards the end of that scene.]. Man, I laughed so hard. Anime smile

Yeah, guess it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it did then. It definitely sounds to me like something that I might want to watch alone though, that's for sure. Is that the only scene that's like that though? Or is there more I should know about before I check this out?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Yeah, guess it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it did then. It definitely sounds to me like something that I might want to watch alone though, that's for sure. Is that the only scene that's like that though? Or is there more I should know about before I check this out?

No, that's it. The rest of the humor in the episode is squeaky clean in comparison.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jih2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I thought the first episode was pretty funny especially spoiler[the death tags, Eva and Gunbuster references, and the Star Wars reference.] But beyond a couple of laughs there's nothing else. I am glad that the sense of humor doesn't suck though, its been a while since I've watched any anime that' genuinely made me laugh. I too assumed this would be some epic fantasy series but was pleasantly surprised. Then again, the preview for the next episode makes the series look like it's going to become a .Hack, Welcome to the NHK sort of thing. I'll probably end up watching the next episode simply to show support for this new distribution system.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote
So what are the official sources for this one in English? I enjoyed the first episode, and wouldn't mind supporting it.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:51 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
So what are the official sources for this one in English? I enjoyed the first episode, and wouldn't mind supporting it.

Youtube, bosttv.com, and while I'm not 100% certain about it, but there is a bittorrent one, which I believe is official as well. The crunchyroll one is down (f those guys anyway).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WileyOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

The spoiler["tentacle rape" scene] is meant for laughs and nothing else (since it is a parody). Of course, you'll probably be better off watching it alone. spoiler[No actual nudity or sex, but its perverseness is undeniable, since MUCH is implied.] Still I couldn't help from enjoying spoiler[the perverted reactions of the guys, and the girl's line towards the end of that scene.]. Man, I laughed so hard. Anime smile

That said, I'd still give at least the first episode a look. It's side-splitting hilarious all the way through. Laughing

EDIT: Re-phrased some things.

About the ropers--since there were such monsters in the original game, the people making the anime probably couldn't resist doing the parody in that way.

I have got to find copies of the old games.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/tod/druaga.shtml

Ropers: Keep away if possible; have Mary use Fierce or Ultima Missile, and have Chelsea do Force Arrow or Speed Arrow. Spells might also work if you can pull them off.

Green Roper: Wanders around. 4048 HP, can grab a character near it.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd want to find the bittorrent one, I don't watch streams of anything.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Yeah, I'd want to find the bittorrent one, I don't watch streams of anything.

It's on the main bittorrent.com website, just do a search for Druage, it's been uploaded by what I think is gonzo themselves. I can't guarentee it though because I've seen nothing from them in terms of a press release saying they'd put up a torrent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope the rest of the series continues on crunchyroll. I'd rather download than watch streams. If it comes to that though, I'll watch the streaming episodes if I absolutely have to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Bah, I can't figure out that site, I found the show, but not the .torrent link. They should look to one of the better and more established torrent sites (which we're not allowed to link to) for how to run a successful torrent site.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Bah, I can't figure out that site, I found the show, but not the .torrent link. They should look to one of the better and more established torrent sites (which we're not allowed to link to) for how to run a successful torrent site.

Actually I just looked through it myself, and it looks like the only legit thing they have is yet another stream. Looks like the only resource for a download the moment is Bost, and I think they have the first EP free to download too.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
So what did everyone think of the second episode? If you haven't seen it yet, it seems like the series has become "serious" after all.

Now I'm not sure what to think of this show. I mean, the second episode was pretty clichéd in my opinion, especially after how much the first episode lampooned those same kinds of clichés.

Heh...Maybe Gonzo was satirizing their own work with the version of the first episode we saw. Laughing
8JF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
The second episode turns serious and is predictable fare for fantasy shows. Nothing really spectacular and it's lost the charm of the first episode. The opening of the series suggests that characters will be seen out of the game but even that has yet to materialize.

It does delve into the backgrounds of Neeba and Jil but done in so flippantly that it makes the inter-character relations almost non consequential. spoiler[The most interesting conversation of the episode was with the armour repair bot. Confused]
Ultenth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote
What a jip. It's not bad per se, I was just really hoping it'd stay like the first episode. I may give one more episode a shot, but if they don't get back to the funny soon I may be dropping this show. Too bad, I really liked the first episode. I wonder if M. Night Shyamalan helped direct this show or something, sure goes along with his style of thinking you're getting one type of movie, then getting something else and being disappointed by it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5