• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NouCome (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I already watched episode 8 today.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I already watched episode 8 today.

Oh then i'm just stupid nevermind me Laughing
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Damn. According to CR, this is their THIRD most popular show right now, beating even KnK. The only two above it are HunterxHunter and Shippuden.

I had no idea people loved this show so damn much. I saw the first episode and it was decently funny, but damn. Guess I'll have to watch it later.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Wow, Chocolat got spoiler[her memories back and swung right over to the other end of magical girlfriend thing to being too helpful and reserved]. She also seemed to have a notable spoiler[interest in him and tried to actually kiss him], which he was not okay with as was much more used to the one which considered them friends. I prefer her to actually be the reveral of the trope where she has no interest in him. With her memory back she was good, but she was no fun, and forcing herself in him was not good.

So little time, and I don't think there will be any great conclusion that reveals the truth of who is best suited for, Chocolat could tell. Yukihira seems to be showing more of her actual character, and Yuouji is also changing.

And the ending. You don't spoiler[make fun of gods, even if it is in your head]. The voice of the spoiler["erabe" was hilarious in showing how much of a troll they are].
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
please come back normal Chocolat. I like you far more than your alter ego
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
LOL the erabe person is now just completely screwing around with Kanade. The scene with Utage sensei was hilarious. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the president might spoiler[be the person who is making up all these choices. That would explain why she seems to know everything.] The finale is next week and I doubt we will be getting a season 2 if everything gets solved next week Sad.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
well, at least we are getting an OVA
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Yukihira is so adorable. I mean, that constant switch between her serious and shy side at the pools.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

The highlight for me was when the voice spoiler[was trying to hold its laughter as it was making him humiliate the teacher]. Really showing that it is just screwing around. So if he chose choice number 3 at the beginning, he would have spoiler[ended up with Chocolat's man competition]?

Also with Yuouji's mother spoiler[who's words of wisdom that helped her Yuouji were actually masochist in nature], her mother should have been used as a joke more often. And that the teacher was nicknamed spoiler[dulahan because no one could see her while driving].

10 episodes.... Only 10 episodes. Man this is the same that happened with Mondaiji-tachi and Blood Lad, and the only thing I heard about them since was a single OVA. It is not like they are amazing shows, but are too good to only have 10 episodes.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
I had the most uncontrollable laughing fit when I heard the voice unable to keep a straight face, so to speak. I never expected the voice to have a personality, and so to hear it buckling under the ridiculous things it was making him do to the teacher...I lost it.

Stark700 wrote:
Yukihira is so adorable. I mean, that constant switch between her serious and shy side at the pools.

Don't you mean fake and real side? She's not a schizo, she's lying to herself and everyone around her to appear...tough?...I guess. She's not a tsundere or a kuudere, she's something else, besides a liar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so those maids are an idol group, and really were switching each episode. glad I wasn't going crazy
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 am Reply with quote
Ep 10

Well that was a pretty useless finale, but I still enjoyed the series. I will give this a Good. Also who was the glasses girl with the magazine? Is she a student from the class because I don't remember her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 10 (finale)

Well it ended, not that there was much resolved. The big hint seems to be that spoiler[his choices will end when he falls in love something he does not seem to be yet], and something chose against getting taken out of his own hands by an absolute choice. I had a feeling that he would not lose it in this season at least. The strongest pull seems to be for Yukihira, but I don't think there was enough for an ending with her.

The teacher was freaked out over him spoiler[choosing "something will happen", which turned out to make it snow], but I will assume a lot of the spoiler[other crazy stuff were also made happen too]. Took me a while to figure out the woman in life raft was actually Yuouji's mother who had drunk a lot of the aphrodisiacs. I don't know who the Natsuhiko girl was, but googleing it keeps coming up with result for episode 3, although I just looked up a clip where he took his top off because of a choice, and that girl let out a laugh when he tried to say a voice in his head told him to do it, perhaps an unexplained character.

In full, I think that while the series was very funny, it did not quite hit the peak of entertainment that it deserved, which I think is something Date A Live had too. At least I think the whole "Erabe" thing, has become something that I think of fondly. I hope there will be another season, but I hope it would have a bit more direction. Overall I rate this series Good, it was worth seeing in that it could be very funny, but in other aspects was not very special, although it did play with the clichés a bit.

2. Thank the boobies!!
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote
That episode would have been great if the 4th choice hadn't surfaced.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
that ended too soon, but I had a blast watching this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4