• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai no Ichizon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
And the part where she talked about her character being used for challenges *because* it was the weakest made me LOL. So true.
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
New episode, new smiles.

A reoccuring theme i started to notice (well its happened only twice) is that spoiler[Ken is talking to the girls out of school. We've seen him talk to Minatsu while they were walking (home?) and now he's talked to Pres. ]He seems to be a good person when not around more than 1 of the girls.

It was also veryyyyyy interesting to see the girls reactions to spoiler[Elise's "love" for Ken. Maybe they do all care for him...]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
This has been far from my favourite Fall show, but this last episode did crack me up. My biggest LOL moment was the spoiler[first time the girls see Ken with the loli and one of them says, "Call the police."] Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote
Episode eight was good, probably favirout bits was the adittion of Elise, I probably plan to find a worthy avatar when I find a good picture. It is interesting in a way that she is kind of the other side of spoiler[loli of Kurimu ], and she seemed a bit threatend by it, though there were other reasons, and disproving kind of backfired.

And I think this episode was more reavealing in ken's intent, possibly to the theory that he just wants everyone happy and sabotarges himself. But I definetly think Elise was a plus to the comedy, but strangely a serous part came out, well more serously taken then Ken being taken as a possible sex fiend. I am not really sure what might hapen in the end as it probably aims to avoid cliche's.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
I guess this was the best episode since episode 1(or is it just my mood). This episode was quite fun, mainly the "lolicon" jokes.

Quote:
And I think this episode was more revealing in ken's intent, possibly to the theory that he just wants everyone happy and sabotages himself.

Hmm. I'd say so. He wants everyone to be happy, but by seeing everyone happy, even if its by sabotaging himself, he will be able to become happy as well. That's probably what that anime character "thinks".
Niomo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

Hmm. I'd say so. He wants everyone to be happy, but by seeing everyone happy, even if its by sabotaging himself, he will be able to become happy as well. That's probably what that anime character "thinks".

I'd agree with that. He was involved with the whole multiple girlfriends in the back in the day, so for now, he probably thinks that its best for everyone to be happy and does not really want to date any of them. At least for now...
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the episode, it was funny and it mixed in some drama with Ken trying to make every one happy.

I'm still hoping he gets the harem end at the end of all this
Niomo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote
Another episode, tons more laughs, tons more serious Ken. Probably one of my favorites of the series so far.

References i saw this week (the only two anime references, i think) were to Bleach (Manga) and Death Note (Black book with criminal's names and apple eating).

For the actual show, I am impressed with how they are building the outside world story. Things we do not get to see because we are trapped in the damn room come in as flashbacks throughout the episodes, and honestly, I think they do a good job explaining the history of Ken/Key-kun Wink. After this episode, you can tell that something major happened in his life that he's not ready to forget. Which verifies some of our theories here about why he acts like a Harem fool. It's just a show for the girls.

Finally, has anyone else noticed that the ED song changes every week? The words might not, but the voices do. I keep meaning to bring it up here, but i forget by the time im done writing Razz

edit: I actually just finished with the credits and I saw the preview. LOL. The kanji all refer to other anime that have premiered this season:

Echo of Death - not sure what this one is, but there was an "echo of death" character in Seitokai in e4)

Railgun - Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Blacksmith - Sacred Blacksmith

Student Council - Seitokai no ichizon (Their own show, said with disappointment, lol)
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
the ending song is interesting, the ending song CD that was released has three different copys of the ending, with each copy have 2 or 3 different copys with different people singing.

The Death note joke keeps cracking me up, I love that there keeping that a running gag Anime hyper

Back story, in my comdey anime? gasp

I'm enjoying the fact every episode now is revealing every one's back story more, but what is it that Ken did that left a scar on him?
Niomo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
the ending song is interesting, the ending song CD that was released has three different copys of the ending, with each copy have 2 or 3 different copys with different people singing.

The Death note joke keeps cracking me up, I love that there keeping that a running gag Anime hyper

Back story, in my comdey anime? gasp

I'm enjoying the fact every episode now is revealing every one's back story more, but what is it that Ken did that left a scar on him?

it might be that it was his spoiler[multiple girlfriend affair thing that the newspaper reported a few episodes back. He might have really loved them and is hurt that he's no longer with them. Or something.]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Forgot about that, so the muti-girl friend thing, must have really hurt him in the long run?

I'm really wondering how he got in to a mess like that in the first place.
joeschultz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote
love the series espically the president she get pick on and then get her fav food to perk her up
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Forgot about that, so the muti-girl friend thing, must have really hurt him in the long run?

I'm really wondering how he got in to a mess like that in the first place.

I'm not sure, but in the sub he says something like, "It's true. In the end I was seeing both of them." Or something like that. The part that I remember most clearly was the "in the end" part. I think he *inadvertantly* ended up two-timing, though exactly how I'm not sure.

If this is true, it would explan why he uses his harem claims as a defense mechanism to keep the girls from getting too attached to him, only now that defense seems to be breaking down as some of the girls are starting to see through it.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

I'm not sure, but in the sub he says something like, "It's true. In the end I was seeing both of them." Or something like that. The part that I remember most clearly was the "in the end" part. I think he *inadvertantly* ended up two-timing, though exactly how I'm not sure.

If this is true, it would explan why he uses his harem claims as a defense mechanism to keep the girls from getting too attached to him, only now that defense seems to be breaking down as some of the girls are starting to see through it.

Good point about the "in the end" comment. Who knows if they'll ever tell us.....if not, then to the manga! Anime hyper

As for the girls seeing through him...hm. I dunno about that. He is being normal Ken (vs Harem creepy Ken) around them when they are alone, after all. Hopefully they answer these questions...
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:

Good point about the "in the end" comment. Who knows if they'll ever tell us.....if not, then to the manga! Anime hyper

As for the girls seeing through him...hm. I dunno about that. He is being normal Ken (vs Harem creepy Ken) around them when they are alone, after all. Hopefully they answer these questions...

In this last episode, it certainly seemed like Minatsu (the "scary" one) saw though it after the handshake thing at the end. Especially with her last words to him, you could see his eyes widening in surprise. OTOH, she appears to be the smartest of the girls.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9