• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seto no Hanayome

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarius

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Yes i've finally found the song thanks to ur inputs. Both of the song were pretty nice but i would like nogawa to sing the "Your gravitation". I wonder she will sound nicer then halko. Anyway episode 9 is out will discuss when i see it.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quote
After trudging through some dreadfully boring episodes after the amazing Episode 8 (9 was meh, 10 was boring, 11 was terrible), Episode 12 finally delivers and reminds me why I liked this series so much in the first place.

Finally there's conflict and actual plot progression! spoiler[Looks like Runa likes Nagasumi afterall, and Nagasumi gets a rather sudden "divorce" with San and is carried off by the Edomae-gumi. Looks like there will be rage and jealousy and bitter quarreling for a while from this point on, hope it lasts for at least a good while. Hope the series takes a more serious turn, even slightly more will suffice.]

Poor neglected Luna is finally not-so-neglected anymore as spoiler[she gets a whole episode alone with Nagasumi. Interesting how under the facade is another facade (bubbliness is a cover up for mean spoiledness, mean spoiledness is a coverup for "I love Nagasumi"). I like how Luna is slowly starting to act down-to-earth and somewhat normal, and I love how she swallowed her pride and revealed her feelings about Nagasumi in the end.]

Maki, who's also kind of been neglected for a while also gets some good screen time. spoiler[I was always vying for some screen time with the two fake-bubbly girls together, see which one would actually be more bitter. I had thought them to be extremely similar, but it seems like Maki is the more mature one afterall. Her role in the episode almost seemed parental, and managed to keep a straight face almost the entire time without the typical distortions or bubbliness.]

Hope Episode 13 doesn't disappoint.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 was decent, but Episode 14 was laugh-out-loud funny awesome!

spoiler[Their repetitive overreactions to the cat just got so stupidly hilarious after a while, and I was cracking up the entire time during the Fire Alarm ultra "Call the English-speakers over too!" super overreaction. Those fish brothers were so darned idiotic that they were just damn funny, especially after I had already being induced into fits of laughter by overreaction #73245 ten seconds ago...and how they turned a little kitten into some horrible monster in their minds..."It's a big scary monster! Hurry up, we must overcome our fear! Rock-paper-scissors! This is an epic battle and we must put our lives on the line!!..."]

Ahh...I love this show.
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
This is my favorite series so far this year. I haven't laughed so hard at a show in such a long time (especially in Episode 2 when spoiler[Nagasumi tries to dry off San; but the dad thinks they're consumating the relationship]).
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15: spoiler[They managed to take a side character I never imagined would serve much purpose other than half-a-minute-an-episode-comedy-routine, let her hair down and shatter her glasses (=make her as attractive as any other bishoujo character) , put her in a "coincidental" meeting with Nagasumi, throw in every single "you don't know who I am I don't know who you are but you're awfully good looking" harem cliche imaginable, spend nearly the whole episode with this, and still manage to make it hilariously entertaining and enjoyable. Plus, the space suit totally ruined the Mikawa-Mawari moment (making the episode all the more hilarious).]
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
Ha... a little pun in episode 15 with "Bunta Willis" ~Bruce Willis. San's a die hard fan of him.

Quote:
spoiler[Plus, the space suit totally ruined the Mikawa-Mawari moment (making the episode all the more hilarious).]

I absolutely loved that part, especially how he was breathing deeply like Darth Vader. spoiler[That space suit + that awful looking boat = genius.] The episode overall was good but was missing some of my favorite parts like where Nagasumi goes "Masa-san~"
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 16 was okay, new character introduced, spoiler[Akeno Shiranui the tsundere mermaid examiner] but she didn't pique my interest that much (yet).

Episode 17 was pretty awful. It made no sense and it was ridiculous and pretty stupid and full of extremely annoying one-episode characters. Seems like Seto no Hanayome is largely hit-or-miss, and this time was a clear miss.

Episode 18 however was amazing, one of the best episodes so far. spoiler[They turned the rather mundane Akeno Shiranui into one of the most interesting characters so far, cautious but not hiding her sense of compassion. The aesthetically pleasing "tour" of Kyoto featured some of the best animation so far. There was some gratifying drama with Maki being put in her place by San (finally!), an angsty misunderstanding involving betrayal of Akeno's trust, and a misunderstanding confession to Mawari that has her spazzing out. Not to mention, the fanservicey misunderstanding of Akeno and San was really amusing. Two rather moving scenes can also be found in Akeno's opening up to Nagasumi a bit in the autumn scenary, and the three fish brothers' vivid description of their late senpai who was a kind and gentle man (fish?).]

Episode 19 was pretty decent. spoiler[Became a "spot evidence of each characters' true nature for me and piece them together" game for me, but amusing nonetheless.]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Shiranui was initially unimpressive, although she's becoming more interesting as she's getting development.

Beware episode 20. It may well mentally scare you and cause your eyes and ears to bleed. It was obvious that something bad was going to happen when spoiler[Edomae (sp?) tried using the internet to help understand his daughter's feelings, compounded by not recognizing what exactly he purchased (although console version of those games are non-h, right?)], but it ended up being so much worse than I could possibly have imagined.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20: spoiler[I'm scarred for life...seeing a grown up muscular guy trying to imitate Ayu is just...ugh. It was funny though, just extremely embarrassing at the same time.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2