• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My-Otome

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleroma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:03 pm Reply with quote
He just pointed out some stuff....

Anywho, I really hope there will more to the Otome franchise in the future, would be a shame to waste all that world building on a single story.

Sergay is my hero. I really liked that they actually did something that nobody really thought they would go through with. Hopefully now we can get an ending that gets the blood flowing and hopefully no massive reset (the relatively low casualties thus far make this rather likely)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quote
Asuka wrote:
regarding spoiler[Sergay and Nina] in episode 24, spoiler[either he didn't have sex with her, or there's a way around the "Lose your powers from semen" thing. Tomoe said to Nina "There are plenty of ways around anything, even when it comes to men.. for example.." before getting slapped.]

Maybe he spoiler[wore a condom] Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Asuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Maybe he spoiler[wore a condom] Twisted Evil

spoiler[That would have negated the purpose of him doing her in the first place. The likelyhood that he did her is astronomically high, but at 19:16 she activated her gem, so she apparently hasn't lost her powers. We'll see in two days Razz ]
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quote
dear god do i wanna see the last episode!!! but I am affarid we'll gonna get sum form of a cliff hanger or lots of loose ends that we'll have to wait for the ova to clear up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pleroma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
EP 25-26 owned ^^ Tons of action (Miss Maria was just beyond awsome) and it beats the crap out of the godawful HiME ending.

About Nina...

spoiler[Seems Sergei was unable to..... ehh perform, but all ends well for them and they get to start over in a way.]
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I'm looking forward to it even more now that I know it doesn't have a horrible ending. I'm still waiting for the fansubs to come out though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm waiting for the fansubs as well. I'm figuring it will be an extra day or two since its a double episode.
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:02 am Reply with quote
I fell alseep right b4 the fan sub went live last nite am downloading it now i cant is this the last episode or is there 1 more since thsi 1 was an hour
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
I can't quite understand you perfectly but I think you're asking if there's going to be another episode right after the one that was just subbed. Yes there is, episode 25 just came out and there's going to be an episode 26. It wasn't a 1 hour long episode it was two episodes shown right after each other.
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I can't quite understand you perfectly but I think you're asking if there's going to be another episode right after the one that was just subbed. Yes there is, episode 25 just came out and there's going to be an episode 26. It wasn't a 1 hour long episode it was two episodes shown right after each other.

yes thats exactly what I meant thanks well I can't wait ofr 26 to come out and the ova
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Last episodes were good. I've heard there's some resemblances to Gundam in some of it. I haven't watched any Gundam so I don't know what they are though. More references to HiME also. I still think the ending could have been better but it wasn't as bad as HiME's. Overall I still liked HiME better, but Otome was pretty close.
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Last episodes were good. I've heard there's some resemblances to Gundam in some of it. I haven't watched any Gundam so I don't know what they are though. More references to HiME also. I still think the ending could have been better but it wasn't as bad as HiME's. Overall I still liked HiME better, but Otome was pretty close.

I really liekd the show more then I like Hime so far but am only up to right after 14 or so spoiler[ right after they beat miyu and nagi tells em they gotta fight each other] so aybe i'll end up liking hime better but man o man those last episodes were good got me wanting the ova more but what do u think it's gonna be about?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

Gundam similarities werer brought up in another forum I go to frequently. Haruka's pose with the moon behind her reminded some people of the Strike Gundam. And spoiler[all of the Otome blocking the Harmonium Tornado] reminded some people of a scene at the end of CCA. I thought the spoiler[atmospheric re-entry] was reminiscent of the end of CCA.
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I've been saying how I liekd otome better then him well i watched the last 10 episodes of mai hime last ight and well i cahnged my mind mai hime is wayy better then otome
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote
I saw the box for this at Best Buy today and was planning on buying it, but then I noticed the price tag ($45)... They raised the retail price by $10 just because of a stupid... cell phone strap!? I would have opted for no cell phone strap if I knew they were going to increase the price by this much. Needless to say I decided not to buy it at Best Buy and now plan to buy it online for a more reasonable price. Seriously, there's nothing different from this and the My-HiME box besides the cell phone strap. $10 for a cell phone strap honestly seems like a rip off to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5