• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haiyoru! Nyaruani / Nyaruko-san: Another Crawling Chaos (ONA/TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I didn't catch any Papakiki references, but even with different wording it's impossible to miss the Ro-Kyu-Bu one.

Bast was the same voice as Yoichi, who is by Wataru Hatano, who voiced Yūta in Listen to me girls. Bast mentioned that he was going to live with three beautiful girls. There is not much to miss.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote
So a twofer then. Nice.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Bast was the same voice as Yoichi, who is by Wataru Hatano, who voiced Yūta in Listen to me girls. Bast mentioned that he was going to live with three beautiful girls. There is not much to miss.

Good catch. As far as your comment about a needed change in tone goes, we got a little bit of that when spoiler[Mahiro accepted that Nyaruko is in love with him], with serious moments about that to boot. I'd expect their relationship to deepen a bit in another season, but I'd still watch it as long as the parodies are fresh.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Matarael wrote:
The whole thing. As far as I'm aware, there are only about 11 or 12 episodes so far..

Question
There are 9 short ONA episodes, 12 short tv episodes, 12 episodes of a regular anime series (season 1), and season 2 (W) has currently had 8 episodes which with another 4 comming. Also first season recently had an OVA.

All of which can be seen on Crunchyroll, except for the OVA. for some reason Crunchyroll doesn't like OVA's, yet they'll have the ONA and short episodes.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll's licensed ONAs before(I seem to remember something about an assault rifle in a thong), but OVAs almost always have seperate licenses from the main series, so they're rarely worth even the cost of the contact(so even assuming the Nyaruko ONAs were each a separate license(doubtful), both their multitude of episodes and connection to coming attractions drive down the cost-per-episode into a doable range).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 am Reply with quote
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san F (OAV)

I wouldn't mind if this was evidence of a third season, but I can't see any news pointing to that, despite that this felt like it had all the assets pointing a good set up. For one was a fresh feeling OP.

I think after the second season I got a little turned off because it felt like it was spinning its wheels, while this actually felt like it sets up a trend for Mahiro to have stronger returning feelings. A large addition was the character.... Atoko Shirogane , which instantly recognised in the OP from the shorts. A quick Google search actually points that she was referenced in episode 11 W, as the one who sent chocolates that caused trouble. Also was something I had the thought about after that episode.

On a personal note looking the escape game place made me think of a board game I played a while ago with some friends. Also feels like physical escape games are something I have been hearing more of as of late. Oh, and the thing that felt like the OVA was worthwhile was that spoiler[we had some actual kissing, and Mahiro really admitting that he cares for Nyaruko, which of course everyone forgets through memory loss].

Also, Lovecraft Life gave me a laugh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14