• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soliciting recommendations (S.Tra.In)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sword Magess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
either for or against Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry

Angel Sanctuary left a rather bitter taste in my mouth, with the hurried, unexplained, and inconclusive OVA. As a result, I am wary of Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru, another short OVA adaptation of a shoujo manga, no doubt equally or more abridged for a confused and rushed feel. I have heard many praises for Koi Kaze, and it sounds impressive, but in the wrong manner. Such a serious and realistic treatment of the issue is a bit too heavy for my tastes.

In comes Strain to the rescue. From my knowledge, it is a serious--but not devoid of comedy--series offering the theme I seek. In addition, it is a mecha series with conspiracies, deaths, action, and a bonus of at least one schoolgirl lesbian. The design, the age of the characters, the premise, and the few unfortunate spoilers I heard all point to a delicious, angst ridden, and not overly realistic portrayal. It sounds perfect.

At least that is my impression. The discussion thread makes it sound quite impressive, though only a small fraction of the text is outside of spoilers. I would appreciate it if you could tell me some thoughts on how well executed the premise is. If possible, in broad, generic terms without spoilers. Thank you in advance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1