• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Well, I just noticed there wasn't a thread for this as of yet so it made sense that one should be made. I think out of everything premiering this summer this was the series I was waiting for the most, and it does not disappoint. In addition to everything that attracted me to the series, the art seems to have gotten an upgrade and the series remains fresh, at least in my opinion. Admittedly there were a few problems with the torrent I downloaded and the sound was about half a second off and whoever subbed this season has decided not to translate the things in the background or any of the random things that pop-up so I do feel as if I've missed out on something, but for the most part it's everything I expected from the series and, at least for me, thoroughly enjoyable. Especially spoiler[ the rescue operation carried out by the girls and Usui to free sensei after being imprisoned by the government for having an unlucky name. Serriously they're like G.I. Joe except they kill people, a lot of people.]
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, the sub group who did the first ep has a pretty bad reputation it seems, in terms of TL quality (I never heard of them though). I'm still hoping GG will pick it up.
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Guess I can only hope for a better group to take it up later on. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but those were new students that were flashed during the ending credits were they not?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I still need to finish Zoku

Well by the sounds of it, the new season is really good.
BaconMushroomMelt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote
Ausdoerrt wrote:
I'm still hoping GG will pick it up.

Speak of the devil. Their translation has just come out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the first episode, it was good, but the fan subs were awefull, some dialouge wasn't translated and none of the words in the background were. my highlight is probably the added drawing Zetsubou Sensei at the end and the rescue, with the line "the door opend by itself". Hooray for running jokes that no one would get if they hadent seen the past episodes.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Just saw the first episode, it was good, but the fan subs were awefull, some dialouge wasn't translated and none of the words in the background were.

Read BaconMushroomMelt's post above. And never use a different sub group for Sensei again - spoils the fun. And not, the opening song karaoke doesn't make up for it.

Blackpeppir, new students? Hmm, I must've missed something, but well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I doubt it though - the cast is already overfilled enough as is.
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Ausdoerrt wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Just saw the first episode, it was good, but the fan subs were awefull, some dialouge wasn't translated and none of the words in the background were.

Read BaconMushroomMelt's post above. And never use a different sub group for Sensei again - spoils the fun. And not, the opening song karaoke doesn't make up for it.

Blackpeppir, new students? Hmm, I must've missed something, but well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I doubt it though - the cast is already overfilled enough as is.

Huh, could've sworn I'd never seen some of the girls that flash durring the credits. Though I may just be overlooking something, I have a tendency to miss things.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Ausdoerrt wrote:

Wasn't one of the girls during the signs of Spring bit new?

So, what was with the animated punctuation of Chiri's sentences? (It took me about half the episode to realize that's what it was, and that they were only doing it for her).

Loved the bloodbath in the early part of the episode.
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Ausdoerrt wrote:

So, what was with the animated punctuation of Chiri's sentences? (It took me about half the episode to realize that's what it was, and that they were only doing it for her).

Guessing you're referring to the girl who has trouble with the iron door? She was introduced during the episode that played on Harumi's radio while she was drawing her doujins. She's a married 17 year old housewife who has normal adult problems like paying bills and what not. She's gotten one maybe two scenes since then.

Yeah I didn't get the punctuation of Chiri's sentences either but I can now say with confidence that three of the girls that flash after the Itoshiki butler during the credits have yet to be introduced. But yes, the bloodbath was quite epic. It almost makes me think that sensei's class is a training ground for emotionally damaged teenagers who will be later used to pilot mechs.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Ausdoerrt wrote:

Nope, Oku-san has been there before, although, admittedly, she got more screentime than usual.

As for Chiri... Hmm, maybe to accentuate that she speaks properly and clearly? I didn't actually try to look at the sentence structure, but that's my guess. Also, I somehow feel I've seen that in earlier seasons as well...
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
well ep 2 just had me cracking up

did any one else spot spoiler[Negi from Negima! and Hayate from Hayate no gotoku! in the Tower scene? don't forget the Bunny from Pani Poni Dash!]
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I loved the second episode, fujiyoshi was always my favorite of the "Zetsubou girls" so I was pleased with her "breaking her seal" and getting some screen time in this episode. The only thing I couldn't figure out was on the bus near the end of the episode, did Sensei jump out of the bus himself, or did Kafuka push him? Either seems to be possible, especially since, at least, in my opinion Kafuka started to sound like a cult leader when she was speaking on the bus. Combined with her magical girl entrance in the classroom, I'm starting to believe she's either satan or an angel cut off from heaven. BEWARE THE NICE ONES !! If nothing else, this series teaches us this in spades.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
I n oticed some obvious cameos this ep, aswell as a poster With Michael Jacksons Sillouhet with "the king of Pop[' writtin on it. Also one of the best ones had a picture of spoiler[the directer with a muscular body in a speedo with Hayate and two girls who I was not sure who they were with the words along the lines that he was the best as he was the only man.] They also have included a speaking part of that other imigrant seen with Maria, with their spoiler[drawings].
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote
I noticed the king of pop poster to and thought. Kind a bit to soon but hey it fits

spoiler[I think Hayate being in there was because the Mangaka of Hayate no Gotoku! used to work for the mangaka of SZS? Tama was in one of the Zoku end cards I know that ]

The drawing song clips are always funny because it seems like none of the voice actors can draw
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3