• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sasameki Koto (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4........TOMOE!!!! MIYAKO!!!! Crying or Very sad

Hell yes, THIS is where Sasameki Koto gets incredibly good and hilarious! The music arrangement this time actually complemented well with the comedy. That was my one complaint in the past episodes where some of the comedy seemed drowned out by the rather melancholic tunes. Looks like the peeps finally got the timing right.

spoiler[Tomoe and Miyako are indeed the couple that were kissing in the classroom (as if you haven't figure it out). Tomoe also wanted to start an eccentric club ala S.O.S Brigade style where it's a girls' only club doing....well you can fill that part out yourself. Sumika thought it was dumb until Ushio wanted to join. Obviously Sumi decided to join as well. Laughing

Now they need 1 more member in order to be official so Sumika started scouting out cute girls Ushio had potential interests in with the help of her crossdressing friend Masaki. It failed. Laughing Laughing

Time is of the essence as they needed 1 more member. So when Sumika decided to split off with Masaki, Ushio saw him sitting on the bench in his delicious trap form. And with it, all 5 members are assembled to form the elite girls' only club where they do.......girly stuff!]

spoiler[And the club got rejected. Anime hyper]

Next episode has the girls in maid outfits!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
In episode 5, we have a delightful MEIDO comedy episode starring four schoolgirl lesbians. FOUR!!!! Crying or Very sad

There were a lot of moments which include:

spoiler[- Sumika's housekeeper tend to Photoshop Sumika onto her baby pics. Uhhhh....
- Oh god, Miyako! You REALLY know how to push Sumika's buttons! Laughing
- Ooooo, Sumika is getting hot and bothered over Ushio changing her clothes behind the closet.....as Miyako pointed out! Surprised
- Hell yes! HELL FREAKIN' YES!!!! Sumi-chan, you have the best imagination EVER!!!! (click me!)
- "Oh I wish girls can get married with each other!" Anybody know any countries or U.S. states that allow that?
- Ahhhhh.....can't....handle.........(click me!)
- Four schoolgirl lesbians IN MAID OUTFITS!!! Utterly brilliant!!
- Iron Chef match between Sumika and Miyako........which ended in a boom! Laughing
- Uh oh, there's some sort of tentacle monster coming out of the shopping bag. Shocked
- Yandere Ushio.....oh crap!
- Sumika accidentally cut herself while chopping veggies. You know what that means! (click me!) Wink
- Poor tentacle monster! (click me!) Crying or Very sad Laughing]

This episode wasn't all for naught since spoiler[it introduced Ushio's brother who's a novelist, and both of them live alone together without parents. Also this series is really pushing Asuza's cameo appearances. I would imagine this is where the series will hit its high point once she's formally introduced.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
Yes, a very enjoyable episode. Miyako is such a little brat! I love brats. (In stories - not in real life. In real life, brats are just a colossal pain in the butt.) I have to admit that I'm getting a little impatient for what I assume is the inevitable moment when Ushio and Sumika will have to directly confront Sumika's crush on her pretty friend. I'm hoping this isn't being saved for the last five minutes of the last episode.

@darkchibi07: spoiler[Canada offers legal same sex marriages.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
This series has a nice calm about it, but then it has the other moments where Sumika gets attacked or hurt some way or another.

I think the highlights in this episode was seeing Sumika switching between reponsible and crazy. and the forgery was quite funny, aswell as the implied others.

The octopus with it's tenticles reminded me of Maria Holic, another yuri like anime, what is it with anime girls and tenticles. Actually there wold be simularities between the main characters, and both series have a cute girl with a "secret".
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6!

Oh dear, spoiler[it's that librarian girl Ushio had a crush on in the first episode which ended up turning her into a bawwwing mess. For some part of this episode she tried to avoid her. As for Sumika, she explained to Tomoe and Miyako about the incident mainly why Ushio was attracted to her. They noticed that girl was pretty clutzy which obviously makes her more cute in Ushio's eyes. Cue Tomoe's awesome plan of making Sumika into a dojikko by using the classic slip on a banana peel trick! Laughing]

spoiler[And also in this episode, Ushio decided she wanted to sleep over at Sumika's place. We get to see some parts of Sumi's martial arts life and see her single-handily defeat one of the opposing dojo members.

After a hard days work, Sumika is in the bath relaxing when suddenly everything went blurry and then turned red when she saw..........oh god yes!!!! Shocked Embarassed]

spoiler[And there's the night together in bed where Ushio started crying. Sumika tried to get to her but then she finally performed her first clumsy act by slipping on her blanket and landing of her soft bosoms! The two had a nice heartfelt chat on how Ushio shouldn't feel selfish on falling in love with that librarian girl.

Ushio: "Hey, Sumi-chan! I love you!"
Sumika: Shocked
Ushio: "It's so good to have a best friend! Good night!"
Sumika: Crying or Very sad
Oh Ushio, you really know how to stab her heart especially at the end of the episode when she attempts to reconcile with the girl! I guess the attempt of making Sumika more ditsy is all for naught.]

Oh man, next episode is going to be something else; that I can say!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote
We're at the somewhat half-way point so here's episode 7!

......did I accidentally watch an episode of Kampfer or something? Shocked
spoiler[Masaki's little sister gets introduced and is willing to get her delicious trap brother to go on a date with Sumika or else she'll spread all of the photos of him throughout the net. Of course Sumika doesn't give a freakin' damn about the consequences, but she went along with it anyways.

Of course, Masaki arrived wearing a cute dress. Sexual questioning ensues! Seriously Masaki acted so ridiculously girly! I mean, dear GOD!!! Mad

Things got complicated when Sumika ran off until she bump into the three otaku marshmallow men. She obviously kicked their butts, but they were still a nuisance. So Masaki came to try to charm them and then reveal to them that's he's a trap in order to scare them away. Nowadays, of course it doesn't work! Laughing

In the end, the date was a massive bust, and Sumika realized her date was lame anyways; she rather be with Ushio. Speaking of Ushio, she was getting incredibly bored without hanging out with Sumika.]

Next episode, Azusa will FINALLY be properly introduced! Some fangirls here might take a liking towards her, I think. Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Poor Masaki...he's got a crush on a lesbo and his evil little sister is a brocon. That dude has zero chance of growing up straight. It's good that Ushio got a taste of how boring it is without Sumika around - maybe she'll start looking at her tall, karate-kicking pal in a new light, eh???
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
......did I accidentally watch an episode of Kampfer or something? Shocked

Laughing yeah, this episode definitely pushed the bar. It was good to see what kind of... homelife Masaki had, now I understand his meek nature a little better. And yeah, it gave a good glimpse of how important Sumika really is to Ushio

Quote:

and given her reaction, I know that Sumi was thinking the exact same thing I was... or what probably all of us were.

Blood- wrote:
Poor Masaki...he's got a crush on a lesbo and his evil little sister is a brocon. That dude has zero chance of growing up straight.

Well, given that his sister is not just into her brother, but rather, into her brother dressing and acting like a girl, I'm more worried about her. I mean, I don't even know how to define that kind of thing! Whatever high school she ends up going to... is not gonna know what hit it Shocked
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Did the animation for episode 7 seem a bit lackluster to anyone else? To me, it seemed like less detail was put into the characters than the previous episodes, especially in the faces. In fact, the whole episode seemed like filler imo, nothing of importance really happened besides Ushio realizing life sucks without Sumi around.

Not saying the episode was bad, just sayin.'
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Does it count as filler which Episode 7 is an incredibly faithful adaptation of chapter 7 of the manga (and that includes the character designs of that creepy otaku trio)? And the animation and art work seemed very consistent though not really remarkable even at this point.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the manga, but if it is indeed faithful, then I'd say it can't be called 'filler' based on what I've seen to be the accepted definition of the term 'filler.' Having said that, saying 'nothing really happened' would still be a credible observation regardless.
As for the art and animation; from the get go I never saw it as anything above 'adequate,' so I didn't see any noticeable drop in quality.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 8.....

FINALLY our rather lovable yuri fangirl Azusa Aoi gets more screentime spoiler[after receiving a kiss from Tomoe much to Miyako's delight! Chu!~ Did anyone found the baseball scenes amusing as they metaphorically correspond to the intensity between Azusa and Sumika at the stairwell?

Then there's Azusa glorifying how girls' love should be in the Class S style a.k.a. Marimite style like how the yuri novel she's reading is. Does anybody want to refute that? That's where pin-pointing the defintion of yuri gets pretty hazy on anime fans nowadays.

Anyways she also does doujins of that said novel. Then there's the classic "trip over to another girl at a compromising position" which Ushio saw Azusa and Sumika do. Things got tense since Ushio was nearly in tears while Azusa was left.....ummmm.......... Shocked

Of course the reason Ushio teared up was the fact Sumika looked like an aggressive, perverted man pouncing on a sweet, innocent girl. Ouch! Laughing]

It's kind of odd how each new character that gets introduced in this series that may look like a love triangle may be forming (before it was that trap Masaki, and now it's Azusa) ended up being mere catalyst at getting Sumika and Ushio closer to each other. It doesn't even pull your usual love triangle dramatic plots that you normally see in other romantic series.

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quote
Well, this episode grabbed me right off the top with that dramatic, spoiler["I made Kazama...cry" declaration from Sumika before the credits. Oooooooooo, somebody's starting to get it baaaa-aaaad. I didn't buy that "I cried because you looked like a violent man" business for one second. Ushio may not be ready to admit it to herself yet, but clearly we are being showing the progression of her feelings for Sumika.]

And yes, I very much enjoyed Aoi's true debut. The screen shot that darkchibi07 posted of her spoiler[lying prostrate on the floor while the boys prodded her with broom handles] gave me the biggest laugh of the episode.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8 was great, very great. I agree with Blood- that spoiler[Ushio was only telling herself that she was crying because Sumi looked violent.] Remember the end scene, when Ushio spoiler[blushed badly while saying "You're making it hard for me to leave!"] That was so sweet it nearly gave me cavities Very Happy .
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
I just watched 7 and 8. In episode 7 I didn't quite expect how far his sister would be dominating.

I episode 8 we finaly got Aoi into the plot, and see what angle she was suposed to be. Well spoiler[she liked secretive delicate yuri, and is kind of crushing on Sumi and Ushio's brother's female pen name.] Well I had the feeling I would like Aoi's character, and I found it quite funny and appealing when it was revealed behind that sensible no nonsense character was a spoiler[raving fan, willing to act out loud dramatic parts when alone].

This series seems to love and discuss taboos, with a couple quite likeable characters. And themes are handeled quite well. I can't help but think many people would dislike or be xenophobic of this kind of story, why would such stories not be found in other more western media.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4