• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tamako Market (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the series immensely and am sad to see it go. I really loved how the whole shopping district felt much like an extended family. My only complaint about the show is that it wasn't longer.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much the definition of pleasant temporary diversion.
I will not remember anything about this show in 6 months.
At least it is better than Love Live! episode 12. I had to rewatch the thing because it was so low impact, that I did not remember anything after 24 hours.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Pleasant show to watch. wasn't really expecting too much out of it, but i didn't enjoy it. gets a good out of me
TG72

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
It was funny, cute and good natured but I think it lasted just long enough. They clearly didn't want to go for something as hard-hitting as Air or Clannad. It's good to have a change of pace every now and then.

As far as the last episode, the best part was Dera's respectful thank-you to Tama's dad. For all that bird's strutting and bragging, he usually would say one thing meaningful or wise each week and that was the best example.

Also, having Choi arrive to keep him in line really helped sustain this series in its second half. Thanks for the memories, TM...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote
Movie (Tamako Love Story)

This would not be the first of KyoAni shows I would want a movie of, but it was okay. I probably ruined myself as I was hoping for spoiler[Tamako x Midori]. The thing is that we really had no indication of spoiler[who Tamako's interest is in], so it was only natural to take note of things like spoiler[her squeezing her friends butt and having an interest in making boob mochi and saying she loves her (platonic most likely)]. On the flip side I was getting quite angry when it looked like spoiler[he would back out of confessing, but in the end he totally did it].

The rest of the movie follows Tamako after she spoiler[freaks out, we get some insight into her. The whole part of her reacting gives no indication of doing something along the lines of "the guy have always liked confessed".] Instead she is really spoiler[confused, and thus the audience can feel rather confused]. We go through her feelings about spoiler[mochi, about why she loves mochi, and even that for a while he was kind of a bully to her]. It is like she can barely spoiler[think straight and it takes a while for her even to talk about it]. It is only after she listens to spoiler[her father's love song and he tells her to forget about it that she comes epiphany that he is connected to her love of mochi, and we get a big dramatic scene of stopping him from leaving]. And it ends with her spoiler[confessing that she loves him too].

The best part about the movie? It is that Dera is barely in it, which automatically makes it better than the tv series. It is pretty cute, we see the characters have plans for the future as they face graduation, and characters are good too, my faves being Kanna being eccentric and Midori who spoiler[puts her friend's happiness above her own]. Although despite the confusion moved onto the audience well, I am not sure feeling confused was the best I could hope for as I can't quite tell how she is feeling. Overall I rate it Decent, I did not lose my time watching this, and I am happy for the closure. I probably should rate it higher as it was "good", but after watching it is how I feel.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
What a lovely film. I feel all warm and good inside.

It kept the nice, relaxed tone and pace of the TV series but it does put Tamako through quite a bit. Her reaction to spoiler[Mochizou confessing] is understandable. spoiler[Him leaving and his confession] were a double wammy that shook up an 18 year status quo and she just didn't know how to handle it. Forced her to think about how she really feels.

Props to spoiler[Midori] for giving both spoiler[Tamako and Mochizou] the push they needed. A big positive of the show was that spoiler[her feelings] were always treated seriously instead of being a vauge pandering ploy or a one note gag.

Wish there was more of an epilogue, but yessir, I liked it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
The movie was enjoyable and touching and predictable in a comfortable sort of way (although I kind of got fixated on her lost contact since they mentioned her contacts twice for no apparent reason). But what a depressing song they chose for their festival performance. oO

I think I liked the movie more than the series.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I think I liked the movie more than the series.

Let's face it, everyone did. The movie was much better.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
The movie was so much better than the series. Mostly because there was a lack of Dera and there was actual romance. I gave it a Very Good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7