• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rozen Maiden (2013) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Episode 5:

Well that was quite a reminder that RM has some very dark roots to it. Megu is a disturbingly enough tragic figure that even Suigintou is shocked by it.

It's been hard to keep up with the canons of the show after a gap of several years, so I kept thinking "Sugintou....I know I watched the second RzM series, did I remember anything from it?"
And then Megu went into her little pro-ana Sylvia Plath act, and I immediately realized "Ohhhh, yes, now I remember. I DID see the second series. Confused "
But it was a twist to find out she was spoiler[only a cameo appearance], and there's an even bigger baddie (another sister "we don't talk about"?) in the wings.

Until then, in Episode 6, we have Shinku and Sugintou acting like a pretentious Ryoko and Ayeka, and Jun building a new character, but I keep wondering whether those are really Jun's e-mails now back again, telling him to go ahead... Shocked
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
Shinku and Sugintou's little qurrel was so damn amusing to me this episode like that scene in the spoiler[shower] and its aftermath. On a more serious note, the store manager that Jun works at is a real douchebag imo.

I hope the Alice Games commence soon. The latest episode felt a little slow to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
On a more serious note,

What seems to be happening is what I would afraid would happen -- that the did-not-wind Jun and his universe is going to vanish. This episode might have seemed slow to you but to me the real attribute was melancholy. I'm not looking for an Alice game as much as I am looking for Jun to stop being such a lowly, passive creature.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Looks like the not wind Jun is spoiler[making a big mistake in creating a body for the evil doll].

Hinaichigo Crying or Very sad
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
at this point, I dont really care about the dolls. I just want Jun and Saito together
EricJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
at this point, I don't really care about the dolls. I just want Jun and Saito together

Think, like Tenchi in Tokyo, the whole series is a "What if our hero had found a normal girl and life?" what-if premise just to answer the unanswered character quesion, but we may not have time to find out what happens in that universe...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 7 felt slow for me....good to see a familiar face @ the end there though and oh look, a nice spoiler[present] for Shinku.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 7 felt slow for me....

What is a bit disturbing about the story so far is that Shinku seems to have a time limit before Something Bad happens but she also seems totally passive. Is there nothing that she can do or is she waiting for something?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

A bit hard to believe the play came up so quickly when we knew that Shinku could not be there long, but in the same way the day is also Shinku's last there. Suiginto is planning to spoiler[use the new doll Jun is using as a trap to get the last sister], which I guess is good news.

And things are kind of looking up as he might just maybe realize he has an actual chance with a girl, and Shinku actually spoiler[looked proud of this fact]. Although Shinku is also ready to take centre stage.

Preview shows spoiler[Suiseiseki], so yay. I did notice that one of the play's costumes looked very spoiler[much like hers].
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:38 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 7 felt slow for me....

What is a bit disturbing about the story so far is that Shinku seems to have a time limit before Something Bad happens but she also seems totally passive. Is there nothing that she can do or is she waiting for something?

I noticed this too. It's not that it's slow, on contrary, it's insanely fast. Shinku's spoiler[seven days came and went and she just sat there waiting for god knows why while Jun fooled around with tediously-cutesy-love interest-chan.] The preview shows stuff will start moving at last next week, but I wonder if the following 4-5 episodes will focus solely onspoiler[ what remains of the seventh day] or if there's some other twist awaiting

On a side note, I wonder if there's something really wrong with me when I'm rooting for Jun to dump Tedious-chan and hole himself up playing with creepy dolls forever and ever
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 8
That store manager never ceases to make me pissed off whenever I watch an episode with him in it. I wouldn't be surprised if he spoiler[purposely screwed up the data] to blame it on somewhere else.

The latest episode was okay I guess. Dat spoiler[school play.] I'll look forward to it next time. Oh and the outfits this episode was adorable imo.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
On a side note, I wonder if there's something really wrong with me when I'm rooting for Jun to dump Tedious-chan and hole himself up playing with creepy dolls forever and ever

For what it is worth I would say doing the doll route would be better than being friend-zoned. Anime girls are merciless in that regard.

Anyway it seems we will have quite a few unexpected developments that are building up now. I'm still bothered by Shinku's apparent passivity, but it was cute how she managed to arm-twist Jun in taking her along.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 9
And.....business picked up!

Glad there's some decent action and drama this chapter. Oh and spoiler[Suiseiseki is here which means DESU!]

On a more serious note, I have to feel sorry for spoiler[Suigintou a bit for her master Meg. Oh and Shinku somewhat too when she was pulled like that on stage Shocked]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

It was a bit obvious spoiler[who's body it was when Suiseiseki did not want it destroyed, she has always been so protective of Souseiseki].

I am enjoying this and all, but I can't help but feel that this season has been kind of unnecessary, the Rozen maidens have not been very interesting over what we have had of Jun. And yet what we have had from Jun probably could have been better in a different show with a better focus or speed of events. Perhaps it is just me, but the dolls have just not felt as interesting this time around.
Lolita princess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote
I would personally love to have suigito as a doll I would be like you can do whatever you want outside of the house just be back home every night .

spoiler[feel kinda bad for Jun not knowing that he made an evil doll poor guy i wonder how there gonna get souseiseki's body back ] Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6