• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto [and its filler. What's your opinion?]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
You two seem to ignore that I only said DBZ is crap. I never said it wasn't influential in the anime industry. Saying why it was crap is different from saying it wasn't influential. I do admit that DBZ has been very influential in the anime industry but that fact alone doesn't save it from being crap. Also I only stated what Naruto did better than DBZ, If you want I'll point out what I thought was done poorly in Naruto. Don't go assuming that i'm a raving fanboy of Naruto either. I love the show but it is not my favourite. There are quite a few shows that I love more than it.

Wait, if something is influencial, how can it be crap? I mean sure, it can be flawed, but there's a huge, huge difference between the two. I never assumed you to be a raving Naruto fanboy though if I did come across as saying that, then I guess that sucks.

On top of that, it's a god damn Naruto/filler thread. I just find it kind of ridiculous that someone goes ahead and says Naruto sucks. So what do you reply with? "WUH BUT YOU HAVE DBZ AND ITS AWFUL". Now I suppose there is actually nothing wrong with what you said, because given the mostly awful nature of this thread, it was bound to happen.

Quote:
Steven's and Kidder's comments. Especially Kidder's. I would not have been that offended had he not used the word "jackasses". That just really ticked me off.

I'm sorry my precious angel. But perhaps acting less like a jackass would stop people calling you a jackass (whereas I honestly don't mind. )
bennyb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote
hilarious that 10 of the last posts were flaming yusuke

Kid is prolly like 14, give him a break. Altho he should definitely do his homework before declaring "suckage" on any series, or trolling round this forum, for that matter.
Cloud506

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I watched a new filler last night, it was basically the same as the last 15 or so, Naruto use's his Kage Bunshin Justsu in a different way to solve the problem. not i big surprise there.... sometimes i wish they wouldn't overuse that particular move so much, it makes the show much more predictable.
yusuke1022

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
[Do not double post. Use the Edit Button. --Nagi]
goins007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
yusuke1022 wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:
yusuke1022 wrote:
naruto sucked without the fillers. its not so hard to predict what happens next. my opinion is you guys should just watch the freakin fillers and stop whining about an anime that sucked in the first place

I'd prefer you to not diss up an anime without backing up your statement with your own feelings on why it sucked. To just say it sucked with the majority of us here who have posted in this topic that like/love/addore/and etc this series it is unjustifiable for you to just say it sucks.

Your display pic is of one of the most poorly done anime out there. Trashy animation, characters that get boring fast, people that don't stay dead, fights that take about 2 episodes for them to get past the constapation point and overly idiotic facial expressions. Naruto at least has deeper characters, better soundtrack, is prettier to look at and generally appeals to people in ways that DBZ couldn't have dreamed of.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
well my icons not dbz its db. also i think the characters are a lot better than naruto and i found dragonball manga and show 500 times better than naruto. alright you want reasons for naruto. sucky story, boring, gay retarded characters, three fourths the show taken by sasuke, boring, and you can predict everything thats gonna happen next. yea and i wouldnt be surprised if the guy who made naruto was inspired by akira toriyama

Thats the silliest thing i've seen on here yet. I'm a fan of BOTH show, I think DBZ had some better fights but Naruto has and actual PLOT and over all arc to it. If DBZ was guilty of anything it was using the same formula over and over and over....New enemy, whips gokus friends, goku either find the power to wind durring the fight or had some sort of training he finished just in the nic of time, goku wins. Every freaken time. The naruto story didn't have anywhere NEAR as much time taken up by sasuke as DBZ had taken up by that cry baby brat of Goku's and Krillian. And if you were surprised by anything that happened in DBZ I feel sorry for you since that show is as easy to read as a freaken Dr. Suse book. They guy who made naruto has said many times that he likes the stuff in DBZ and has put it in to some of the Naruto episodes. But I'm sure that DBZ also borrowed a thing or 2 in it's day. In case you haven't noticed a lot of shows borrow things from other shows and try to improve upon it or tell it in a different way.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Wait, yusuke was talking about Dragonball, not Dragonball Z. While I don't really agree with what he is saying about Naruto, I thought Dragonball was a fairly solid series, right on par with, if not better than, Naruto.
goins007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Ok, everything still applies. It was just turned down a bit.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
goins007 wrote:

Thats the silliest thing i've seen on here yet. I'm a fan of BOTH show, I think DBZ had some better fights but Naruto has and actual PLOT and over all arc to it. If DBZ was guilty of anything it was using the same formula over and over and over....New enemy, whips gokus friends, goku either find the power to wind durring the fight or had some sort of training he finished just in the nic of time, goku wins. Every freaken time. The naruto story didn't have anywhere NEAR as much time taken up by sasuke as DBZ had taken up by that cry baby brat of Goku's and Krillian. And if you were surprised by anything that happened in DBZ I feel sorry for you since that show is as easy to read as a freaken Dr. Suse book. They guy who made naruto has said many times that he likes the stuff in DBZ and has put it in to some of the Naruto episodes. But I'm sure that DBZ also borrowed a thing or 2 in it's day. In case you haven't noticed a lot of shows borrow things from other shows and try to improve upon it or tell it in a different way.

1. DB/Z/GT does have an ACTUAL plot, otherwise it'd hardly be a story, much less one that goes for 508 episodes :p

2. Well, Goku sort of (no, is) the main character. It is his story. You've not noticed in quite a few other Shonen Manga/Anime, it's the main character finally wins over the main villian? Sure there is the occasional twist, but usually, that's how it goes.

3. Well, borrowed from Journey to the West, but everyone does that.
goins007

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
goins007 wrote:

1. DB/Z/GT does have an ACTUAL plot, otherwise it'd hardly be a story, much less one that goes for 508 episodes :p

2. Well, Goku sort of (no, is) the main character. It is his story. You've not noticed in quite a few other Shonen Manga/Anime, it's the main character finally wins over the main villian? Sure there is the occasional twist, but usually, that's how it goes.

3. Well, borrowed from Journey to the West, but everyone does that.

Well mini stories would be about as far as I'd go. But to day that Naruto doesn't have one and that DB/Z does just doesn't make sense to me.

My over all point was that everything he's saying about Naruto can easily be said about any of the DB shows.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
i don't hate or like the filler because i don't watch it. as long as you don't watch it i don't watch, i don't see anything's wrong with those fillers. just like many anime out there. you don't ahve to watch it. if people watch it and complain, the they should stop watch it.
Kidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo,

I apologise for calling you a jackass, it was never my intention to insult you personally. I just get annoyed at how often I see fanboy rantings on anime forums. There's nothing wrong with a good rant as long as it makes sense and makes a point. Want people to stop saying anime is just for kids? Then maybe we should stop acting like kids...

Last edited by Kidder on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
bennyb wrote:

Kid is prolly like 14, give him a break. Altho he should definitely do his homework before declaring "suckage" on any series, or trolling round this forum, for that matter.

Who cares if he's 14? I'm freaking 14! And I know I don't sound like he does when I post. He just makes random posts to raise his number. He joined in March and already has about as much as I do (or at least I think).

Either way, back to the topic. I watched some of the filler in Japan when I was in my hotel with my brother. We watched the first two episodes of the Hidden Star Village arc, and then I begged my brother to turn it off. The fillers are just soooo bad now. The only good filler arc was the one where they went to look for Sasuke and had to help that girl find that "Arashi-nii-san." That arc actually did something. It made Sakura want to spoiler[become a medical ninja.]
Kidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:

Who cares if he's 14? I'm freaking 14! And I know I don't sound like he does when I post. He just makes random posts to raise his number. He joined in March and already has about as much as I do (or at least I think).

Either way, back to the topic. I watched some of the filler in Japan when I was in my hotel with my brother. We watched the first two episodes of the Hidden Star Village arc, and then I begged my brother to turn it off. The fillers are just soooo bad now. The only good filler arc was the one where they went to look for Sasuke and had to help that girl find that "Arashi-nii-san." That arc actually did something. It made Sakura want to spoiler[become a medical ninja.]

yeah I noticed that too. Is there some sort of reward for having a high post count that I don't know about Razz Initiate TROLLINATOR (TM)! Laughing

Anyways back to the topic, I was under the impression that Sakura made that decision a while back because she felt like she was the most useless member of the Kakashi team (how true -_-' ). Then we she met Tsunade she decided she wanted to be like her.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
bennyb wrote:

I wouldn't say those were the only good filler arcs. I enjoyed the one involving the past of Mitarashi Anko and how she was abandoned by Orochimaru. At least that filler arc provides some back story on a character with a connection to Orochimaru. I also thought the Bikouchu arc was pretty interesting in developping Hinata's character. That may have been a filler arc but the move she does certainly has been done before the filler arcs. My friend had stated that the move she used was featured in the early versions of the Naruto Game (for which system I can't remember) but was later removed.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cloud506

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 Wrote
Quote:
I wouldn't say those were the only good filler arcs. I enjoyed the one involving the past of Mitarashi Anko and how she was abandoned by Orochimaru. At least that filler arc provides some back story on a character with a connection to Orochimaru. I also thought the Bikouchu arc was pretty interesting in developping Hinata's character. That may have been a filler arc but the move she does certainly has been done before the filler arcs. My friend had stated that the move she used was featured in the early versions of the Naruto Game (for which system I can't remember) but was later removed.

Your right there are a few good arcs. I personally liked the few epsiodes with that one rare bug, because it was one of the only times in the show where you got to see Shino in action and he is a pretty interesting charecter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5