• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hellsing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caseclosedfan414

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Pleroma wrote:
Well the Millenium organization is never mentioned in the anime, sot it would not have made much sense.

Oh, I forgot about that. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Pleroma wrote:
Hehe, he isn't it just takes a lot spoiler[and he has been "defeated in the past" and always by humans.]

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought he actually was.

Pleroma wrote:
Thats for him to keep himself in check I believe, fully "unlocked" he is really not something you want running around.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess that could justify why he has to do that. Thanks, Pleroma.
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote
unhealthyman wrote:
Also, it seems a bit hard to carry a story with a main character (Alucard) who is just so spoiler[ stupidly unkillable, whenever anything almost troublesome came up he just unlocked some more power and everything died. ] And I know that in theory Seras is the main character, but she doesn't even really have a part (At least not as far as I watched...)

Well, sometimes it's a nice change once in a blue moon to watch a series just for mindless fun and sit back and watch the bad guys get toasted. I don't know about Seras being the main character - she's the point of view character, but that's not necessarily automatically equivalent to primary - but I thought her struggle to do the right thing and come to terms with what she has to do to live now was a nice contrast to Alucard, who enjoys what he does and in many ways isn't really any better than his targets.

It wasn't a masterpiece, but that's o.k. sometimes and I enjoyed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2