• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Franz Ferdinand in US Paradise Kiss release!!!!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
hanachan01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Yay! The ending animation was one of my favorite parts of watching Paradise Kiss, so I'm very excited! And yes, I think Bravo is pefect for Paradise Kiss, airing right after Project Runway, a show about strugglising fashion designers like Parakiss, another one of my favorite shows Smile
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
Yay! The ending animation was one of my favorite parts of watching Paradise Kiss, so I'm very excited! And yes, I think Bravo is pefect for Paradise Kiss, airing right after Project Runway, a show about strugglising fashion designers like Parakiss, another one of my favorite shows Smile

I can already see Heidi & Tim do the promos for the show Very Happy! I did send them an email about this show, but I think they might've trashed it Sad.
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:50 am Reply with quote
First off let me say I am glad this is coming out here in the states.
As to whether Bravo would pick up this show,and stick it after Project runway I doubt it. Mainly because the main fiocus of the show is more of a coming of age show with fashion industry trapings. Most of the focus of the show is devoted to Yukari's and George's relationship. Also not much is exposed about how the fashion industry really works. When I saw this awhile back I thought that Sony might be a stick in the mud and make the licensing of the ED song hard for Geneon to buy so I am way Happy that the original ED song By Franz will be included. I think we will be very lucky if any main stream Tv station were to pick this up and air it. It would be somewhat of a hard sell though imo. Parakiss has been on my Buy list for quite some time, I just hope they are planning on giving us the Ost as well, the entire Ost is excellent. Very Happy
Aele

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:35 am Reply with quote
Yayness! Party like McCarthy, the Party Hardy! This is great news, thanks! Anime hyper
hanachan01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
This is random, but there is a commercial that plays everytime I watch a new episode premiere of Project Runway, and it plays 'Do You Want To.' Just random....

And PR is also a story of developement like ParaKiss. The designers learn and grow with each challenge, similar to Yukari's coming of age. Also, ParaKiss and one season of Project Runway are about the same length, with PR a little longer, so ParaKiss could probably wrap up before the final 3 and Fashion Week episodes air.

Maybe we could do an online petition!
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
Hmm well I was not implying it was impossible, that Bravo would play PK after PR. I wonder has Bravo ever run an anime before? I would love it if they decided to start. I just feel it would be a giant risk to do so ,on the other hand they would be starting out with a veiwer group who might be open to PK being that it does have the fashion trapings and it is a great show... Also I here the ED song in lots of places as well in fact when I shop at Best Buy I almost always hear it on there store music system. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1