• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Conquest Zvezda Plot (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote

World Conquest Zvezda Plot

Genres: action, fantasy
Plot: What does it take to conquer the world?! Every leader of the past has thought of it... but all they have done was to merely dream of its greatness. World domination... nobody has been able to achieve it. Until one little girl by the name of Kate Hoshimiya came along. Kate Hoshimiya will shock the world! How was she able to carry out such a magnificent stunt? So frightful! So glorious! Could this be... the Zvezda Plot?! Let the light of our great Zvezda shine upon this land far and wide!
(from MAL)

I've seen around 5-6 CMs already and a PV. The concept caught my interest not to mention that A1-Pictures will be handling this original series. I'm not too used to the artwork design yet tbh but the theme sounds pretty fun. Idk why but some of the characters reminds me of Gatchaman Crowds in a way as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
This one's special to me because I want to see it to get it out of the way and make my decision on it. I looks like I'll really like it but it also could go wrong so easily.

I was always more fond of the "Zvezda Intrigue" translation, though I have no clue which is more accurate, if anything (that answer is usually neither). Though I suppose if there's any fanservice (which there should be) we can get amusing "for the plot" jokes.

For some reason it reminds me of... damn... that one with the lion, robot, jellyfish. Family Plan or something. Well, I did always want a non-H TV series for Evil Woman Executive, but let's set that aside for now.

I was on the official website just now to get names of their transformed versions. LOL at White Robin and White Eaglet. If the show is wacky enough they could be the greatest plot twist ever.

I'm really hoping Kate/Lady Venera fills the void of "characters who actually DO take over the world.

Just a few more hours...
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so far that has been (for me) the strongest overall first episode this batch of releases and is a must watch due to the intriguing and very strange world that requires "Conquest".
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Loli?
Teen being bossed around by little girl?
So far I see only one main guy..
Loli + possible harem + weird plot.
I'll leave this one to male viewers.
Enjoy! Skipping it.]
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty cool. Flashy, full of spunk and I'd follow Lady Venera to the ends of the earth! Hopefully she can do what all others have failed to spoiler[other than stop tank shells because we now know she can do that.]

I'm a little curious on how the Asuta is surprised by things like martial law, which you'd think a person would be aware of. I figure they'll likely answer that next episode. I also might've misinterpreted his surprise from being shocked it was that late, and not shocked that martial law was declared.

Bonus points for Asuta almost throwing his cel phone on the ground in anger, then remembering it's his cel phone and catching himself. I did that once. I would've cried if I broke my own phone.

This is a keeper for me. The wacky designs weren't just fine, I ended up actually liking them very quickly. Reminds me of my initial reactions to Star Driver where I was like "God what are these fools wearing!?" and after an episode I'm like "He looks fabulously cool."

So I'll open this up to discussion. If you met a little girl with big dreams and she spoiler[stopped a tank shell], would you don a mask and follow her? I actually think I would if she did something like that. I'd not be 100% loyal though and would leave her the minute an adult who could do similar showed up. But really, I'd just want to see what other cool stuff she did and if I could get any of that for myself. Yeah, I'm a bad Zvezda operative. Crying or Very sad
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:

I'd not be 100% loyal though and would leave her the minute an adult who could do similar showed up.

I hope at leat you realize how lowly you would be if that happened.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
For me it was like:
Loli with that outfit? I'm pretty sure they won't actually sexualize her despite that.
[episode airs]
Yup, they didn't.
As expected of anime in 2014.

Yeah, bummer they didn't show the loli getting jammed on a huge penis as you would have liked. I figure you'll be tugging yourself raw, anyway. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, speaking as a non-sex offender, I enjoyed that. Little brats always crack me up and she seems to have an interesting crew.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Anyway, speaking as a non-sex offender

That line had laughing like mad for several seconds. If we had signitures I'd put it in there. I skip his posts so having to guess at the context only makes it sound funnier.

I was checking the opening bit again to confirm my hopes that she actually does succeed. spoiler[A fair chunk of time seems to pass (the statue of her looks older and it's even well-weathered) but I can't tell if the shiney place in the distance that has their logo tower is wrecked or just full of pokey buildings.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
That was an awesome first episode. I liked how she was acting like a proud loli, but she was still riding a bike with training wheels.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I loved how the opening scene made it look like this was going to be a serious show. I loved it even more when it turns out to be so totally different! I hope the rest of the series is as fun as I found this first episode to be.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, if the intro is where the show is ultimately heading then it might get a bit moodier at some point. Either is fine with me.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[a person telling a story of world conquest give many times it happen when female named kate did it so go back in time meet jimon give being down on his luck give area going martial law with only 2 bun food meet girl in bike who take the buns & her name is kate.

give kate well she focus on one thing world conquest give offer jimon to join her faction give wonder what is she thinking give trying also find her stuffed doll yet two had argue to point she bike runaway give jimon maybe trying to sorry her.

then well everything went WHAT for jimon sure got saved by run over by sword female yet skull guy eating a cake then giant monster-like then pops into many little balls creature.

see kate's doll give jimon grab it yet going be tank splat til saved by kate who going in way world need is to be conquest give tank people call this a lincoln blah yet well kate is more so with doll make giant hand to conquest punch them all.

so after night of this jimon is wonder who are these people yet why me & two female in white going plan something? ]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
spoiler[the irrelevant "reveal" of sorts is that the Zvezda group is mostly made up of human looking aliens.
This would account for there exotic tech and circumstantially sudden appearance in the world as the tanks didn't look like "distance future" models.]

I doubt any reveal in this series will be more jarring, or as frequent, than Samurai Flamenco.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

That was very fun. The tone seemed to keep darting between being really serious and being rather silly. Goes from serious to her stealing food and as a loli talking about conquering, which sounded like one big game. I had a few laughs at how much it sounded like a child's game despite I knew the reveal would be otherwise. The main character seems to have joined an evil organisation, which we already know will manage to "conquer the world". I am totally weak to a good charismatic from unlikely rulers.

I, for one, welcome our new loli overlord.
May the light of Zvezda shine throughout this world! *does spider man hand gesture*

Funny yet engaging, I will likely watch.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Ok, so far that has been (for me) the strongest overall first episode this batch of releases and is a must watch due to the intriguing and very strange world that requires "Conquest".

Every surface has a marbling effect, causing solid color characters to pop out and on top of that, there is Kate who stand out among them with her palate of pink and gray. Or do you mean the "martial law" thing? I'm more intrigued by Asuta's family, who Jimon really is and why Kate thinks Asuta's a "get".

To put it simply, he's something of a "princess", isn't he? Middle school student with an AmEx card, no real idea why people will stay off the street during a curfew imposed by the military. Also, there's his "job", whatever that means.

Order of interest for me: Jimon, Kate, Renge and her friend {those twin tails aren't fooling anyone} and then Kate's goons. Ok, maybe Yasu as well as he's the other guy who has no powers or abilities ... but his codename?

I'm amused, intrigued and entertained. Go on, Zvezda, show me more of this plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11