• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Ep 3

I'm surprised that Sayaka didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would. I also agree with other posters about Mayumi. That was great to see.

So far, this is my favorite show of the season.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Another decent episode although it felt kinda slow. I guess that also applies to spoiler[Usa's relationship with Ritsu. At the same time though, I think he is making somewhat of a progress when she said "Thank You". But damn, skipping four consecutive traffic lights. I mean, that is dedication to books girl!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Well my analysis of Kawai last week was pretty relevant this week. I think that I can kind of sympathise with her as a person who is usually totally fine with not having many "friends".

The response to Mayumi spoiler[not drinking] was totally called for.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I liked this episode, maybe more than the others so far. Kawai came off as more of anspoiler[ introvert with her feeling that other people can be fatiguing]. And so far its been nice that she didn't need rescuing spoiler[from her "shell"]. How they handle that in the long run will really affect my opinion of the show. If they let her be her own person withspoiler[ bookish or introverted qualities I will be happy]. If they turn her into a giant spoiler[extrovert] by the end of the show I will be annoyed.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4

I kinda related to Ritsu this episode, although I'm not quite as introverted as her.

Everybody's reaction to spoiler[Mayumi not drinking was hilarious.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Well Usa finally made what appears to be lasting progress. You could say just on the front that he had fun with the fact Ritsu was spoiler[having fun with water gun, which was great to see for both]. But relationship wise, even though he thinks that he is messing up, he is not realizing that her being shy, and that she was spoiler[ecstatic that they felt different things about the same book]. He thinks he messed up, but clearly a spoiler[conversation of thinking the same thing would be boring to her]. I am really liking where it is going, also very funny about Mayumi spoiler[telling them just to kiss already].

I am a little scared after watching the preview.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
Ritsu's spoiler[froggy suit] was cute tbh.

The latest episode had some good bonding moments spoiler[although their opinions sure differ from what they've read out of that book lol]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Now this episode was precious, some scares with Chinatsu being with Shiro, but in the end Shiro is actually pretty awesome. Surprising what can come from an episode that had a focus on S&M and a loli. Not sure why, but I was suddenly reminded of Sakurasou, maybe I should have thought about it ealier, but I am starting to think of it in a similar way, which is good.

Highlights being Mayumi going duck face and Ritsu embarrassing herself by spoiler[saying he would be a better choice]. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

The first few seconds of this episode threw me off tbh. Well, it was kinda unexpected. Overall, I have some more respect for Shiro now or at least will be paying attention to him more.

The spoiler[S&M jokes] made me LOL quite a bit. This is classic Usa.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

That was very good, seems to get better each time.

The first part had a more emotional part to it, but still funny. Seemed that she might have learned a lesson.

Usa's past was hilarious, especially with everyone spoiler[else reacting to his nickname, even Ritsu who was trying to hold back her laughter]. His family spoiler[attracts eccentric people so he was used to being around them, in junior high attracting the oddballs to him, the irony of oddballs making fun of him for it]. He probably likes Ritsu because spoiler[she is quiet, unlike the mad scientist, chuunibyou and supernatural fanatic]. And now we see that she likes him spoiler[in the period set uniform], he did not stand a chance.

I look forward to see the next episode, how he spoiler[does trying to get oddballs to work properly], and looks like Ritsu spoiler[might join in].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

I thought the first half was about to transpire into a spoiler[mystery like episode where they will try to find the culprit]. I guess they resolved it pretty fast though with Ritsu getting caught up into the mess as well. The episode overall imo was funny and I have to say, some of the uniforms/outfits was quite decorative even if it looked simple.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
I was disappointed that we got to see Shiro's eyebrows but not his eyes...but those spoiler[bondage] skills sure are top notch, makes me wonder just how exactly he earns that money for the rent. Laughing

Looking forward to meeting the new weirdos next week.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
SEMPAI NOTICED ME!!!!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:15 am Reply with quote
My favourite part of the eppie was when MC says, spoiler["take your hands off senpai, you tiny-dicked bastard!" then actually sees the guy's schlong and changes it to, "you dicked bastard!"] Laughing

At least MC has accidentally stumbled on the secret of how to make senpai's pantsu all moist...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I really loved this episode. Ritsu slowly developing out of her loner personality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4