• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Qualidea Code (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Something on her neck.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I am guessing that it was something that allows the enemy to target with powerful weapons from a long distance away.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah the no-entry area's been ominous for a while now, what with the birds often disappearing into it. I have no idea when Aoi and Canaria entered it, though? They were just in the battle's area, like everybody else.

I also laughed my ass off at that end. I mean, sure, I expected something cheap to happen, but not a big rock out of nowhere.

I think production's gone to hell already. Everything's off-model and not animated, and Canaria has just the one song. Then again, since she's gone now, I guess they really didn't need to pay up for more music, huh.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
One would have thought that if the no-entry zone was that dangerous, that they would monitor all battles closely and rush who ever crossed the line to safety. I mean do you know how easy it is to stray over a border just flying let alone in air to air combat? You would also think that they drill them over and over with some scary procedure to impart the gravity of the situation. Aoi acted like she was surprised that it was that big of a deal and would it kill them to have an emergence speaker system?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking maybe they cut through the Forbidden Zone in order to get to the battlefield faster.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 5

Well I just add this show to the ones I will be watching after its completion. Cliff hangers are find in moderation, but every episode? It gets old really fast.

As for this episode, back in the 60's we had a saying "never trust anyone over 30" in this anime that saying still holds true.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:55 pm Reply with quote
There goes Aoi Yuuki, putting everyone to shame again...

Way to raise them death flags, Hotaru.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
So I wonder if Canaria really is dead? They didn't show her body but the story at the moment assumes that she is dead especially with how Suzaku is behaving..

Looks like some big battle coming soon. I really hope Hotaru doesn't die cause I smell a death flag on her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote
For some reason I have kind of been reminded of Xenoblade Chronicles X, where it is revealed fairly early on that all the spoiler[humans are actually robots and their actual bodies are in stasis.] I think that is me trying to look for a way out of how things are, despite kind of impressed it went so far as to have a main character death, one of whom is quite prominent in the OP. I guess the talk of code with those microchips on their necks kind of had me wondering what is going on.

Hime is an interesting character, like how she broke down at one bit. And with a raised death flag with her friend.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
So I wonder if Canaria really is dead? They didn't show her body but the story at the moment assumes that she is dead especially with how Suzaku is behaving..

Looks like some big battle coming soon. I really hope Hotaru doesn't die cause I smell a death flag on her.

I'm a little more concerned about the MC, in all honesty.

I mean dude spoiler[just got buried alive in a ton of rocks, and we never see him again afterwards. So either he's dead too, or barely alive and about to die from several tons of concrete landing on him. And from the looks of it, it's either or, considering how screwed everyone is at this point.]
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 am Reply with quote
He has gravity powers, I wouldn't be too worried about him
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
The siblings weren't exactly worried either. I'm sure they're well aware it'll take more than that to kill him.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Tons of action this week and background story about Mahime. I have a feeling that Hotaru will show up on time so...

I really hope Maihime doesn't die next episode.

Also Suzaku snapped lol..not surprising really since he lost Canaria.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I really like the show it's trying to be, but it's nowhere near equipped enough for it. It doesn't have the run time to really develop anything before that development is used, and it doesn't have the budget to either look good or get the not-good-looking frames in on time.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Catching up on episodes 4 to the latest, I'm going to rant a bit about McEdge. I've nothing against edgelord-type characters but these character type arcs annoy me a lot. His sudden realization after watching Canaria be hurt because of his recklessness serves him right -- not that Canaria deserves any of it. What I hate even more is how that incident gives him the epiphany of all his wrong doings and he becomes a capable teammate and commander. He's a whole new change man, wooooo. At least there was a good twist at the end of episode 4.

Onto episode 5, episodes away from McEdge are the most enjoyable, especially the Siblings. The Hikigaya-like character's way of motivating the moping students gave me a chuckle. Hime's a good character, too -- despite her whole "genki" front, there's another character behind that. Her crying into Hotaru's arm was a nice bit to her character which contrasted with the episode's beginning scene. The adults of the series are certainly feeling ominous as well. So I'm curious about the details behind it.

Episode 6

I don't have much to say besides comments on the animation and art which were full of QUALITY this week -- more noticeable than previous episodes at least. This episode does remove my suspicions of Yuunami which were raised by last week's scene with Aoi. I guess the adults are holding secrets for "safety" reasons but it doesn't make that much sense to me if they could warn the students about entering the no-entry zones. I'm also getting ideas of how the enemies work -- the aerial ones can scan the students' codes and launch those missile pods at them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4