• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kemono Friends Concept Designer: Project to Continue After Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:48 am Reply with quote
[baleted]
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 am Reply with quote
So it can means that the franchise rights holders basically throwed out from the window the stupid Koreans from Nexon, who decided to not return the game even after the anime resounding success, and continue it by themselves. Yeah, that's really sounds like the great deal.

But the format of continuation is more interesting, and the second season can be really good thing after the raised bunch of questions throwed out by this series. spoiler[Like what really happened to the all of the humans and why they are extinct, what is the Sandstar and Ceruleans for real, who is Kaban (besides that she's clearly human, and maybe last of them), and why she is survived and was in the middle of the savannah without memories.]
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure nobody expected this project to explode as huge as it did among otaku.
In a way, its success even reminds me of the new MLP series.
At least the staff working on it is very enthusiastic about the project.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:18 am Reply with quote
Good to know this. This is a fun anime with catchy tracks and uncanny but cute CGs.

Btw, ANN....

Quote:

Nexon launched the smartphone game last year, and as of March the game was free-to-play. In the RPG, animals around the world have transformed into girls and players could recruit them into their party for battle. In the RPG, animals around the world have transformed into girls and players could recruit them into their party for battle. Crunchyroll is streaming the anime adaptation as it airs.

Got one sentence repeated there.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear this. I would never have thought when the season started that I would end up enjoying KF so much.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Good to know this. This is a fun anime with catchy tracks and uncanny but cute CGs.

Blood- wrote:
I'm glad to hear this. I would never have thought when the season started that I would end up enjoying KF so much.

My take on it is it's as much close to an anime equivalent of ASMR as it comes. Like the first episodes of Tawawa on Moday. One Room on the other hand tried to run with that concept intentionally but missed by a mile. Kemono Friends manages to be pretty consistent though...
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
Great this will no doubt lead to another 100+ fan art entries on Pixiv surprise successes like this are nice.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
My take on it is it's as much close to an anime equivalent of ASMR as it comes. Like the first episodes of Tawawa on Moday. One Room on the other hand tried to run with that concept intentionally but missed by a mile. Kemono Friends manages to be pretty consistent though...

Well, Getsuyobi no Tawawa was good just because of its simplicity - it's basically the show about good girls with stacked chest, based on the Twitter sketches with literally nothing besides that idea.

Also Kemono Friends not started this way from the beginning, it's acquired it status on the third-fourth episode, when viewers used to the cheapness of the series and the poor CGI, and began to see the series positive simplicity (something like with the sudden MLP:FiM boom on the West), behind which hides the second bottom of plot with mysteried and spoiler[the uncertain fate of the mankind in this setting.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1