• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamen Rider Ryuki/Dragon Knight issue

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Hey, so this is a bit of a weird issue. A while back, I added Voiceovers Unlimited as the recording studio for Kamen Rider Ryuki. That is because the company created an English dub of the series (as Masked Rider Ryuki) that aired in South East Asia. It seems that at some point the encyclopedia page got split into two. Some info stayed on Ryuki and others were moved to Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, the U.S. adaptation of the show. This included all of the info that was specific to the English dub of the Japanese series.

I removed Voiceovers Unlimited from the Dragon Knight page and tried to add it to Ryuki's but I'm unable to. Similarly, the Okto broadcast (which happened when its channel space was known as Channel i) refers to Ryuki, not Dragon Knight.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I noticed someone reported the issue I mentioned with Okto being tied to the U.S. adaptation instead of the Japanese show's English dub. I removed the broadcast info from Dragon Knight's page and then tried to add it to Ryuki's, but got this message:

Quote:
but we already know this task is FALSE for this company
>> Details: Moved to #21267

Which is the same error message I get when I try to add Voiceovers Unlimited to that page:
Quote:
but we already know this task is FALSE for this company
>> Details: Moved to #21267

If anyone's interested in fixing this, here's the info I'm trying to add to Kamen Rider Ryuki's page:

Dubbing Studio: Voiceovers Unlimited Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
Broadcaster Okto (Singapore - as Channel i)

Here's the source for the dubbing information and here's a link to Channel i's schedule. They're both under the name "Masked Rider Ryuki." Voiceovers Unlimited had nothing to do with Dragon Knight (the U.S. adaptation) and Channel i was defunct long before that version even existed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1