• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am Reply with quote
Welp, I watched this show to the end yesterday, and I did indeed get a little impatient with the penultimate episodes. After the show spent too much time developing the play, IMHO, I did think the final production had some dramatic heft to it. And I felt bad for Mimimi but I also buy that she's resilient enough that I don't really have to feel bad for her. In fact, she might be the least damaged main character on this show, not that Tomozaki and Kikuchi aren't good people and working on their issues. And I thought the scene were Aoi's character said "I have everything, and therefore I have nothing" before the light shut off was actually pretty interesting too. Because she does seem to be missing something emotionally on a fundamental level.

All that said, I personally kind of hope the show doesn't get another season because watching the end play out felt a bit like a chore. Season 2 ended pretty strong in the clutch, and it seems like a good stopping point. More Aoi might be annoying at this point. But I don't begrudge anybody who disagrees.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am Reply with quote
The thing is, a good talkey anime can be very exciting/interesting without much of anything happening. There are plenty of anime out there were 90% of an episode is dialogue between characters. If done right you stay interested from beginning to end, the first season of Tomozaki was an example of that. The second season was not like that for me mainly due to pacing issues. The bullying went on for too long without a solution and the play/romance also felt like it dragged in the final few episodes.

So yeah, I am ending the second season with mild disappointment and also thinking I don't really need another season.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:55 pm Reply with quote
It was a long-winded, but satisfying conclusion. I'd watch another season of this. I wanna see how Tomozaki navigates having dating and I wanna see how his little sister reacts when she finds out her brother has a cute girlfriend. But not really a thing I really look forward to or anything. It's an enjoyable, good show but not at the level of something like Oregairu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3