• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:44 am Reply with quote

Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: harem, school

Plot Summary: My childhood friend Shida Kuroha seems to have feelings for me. She lives next door, and is small and cute. With an outgoing character, she's the caring Onee-san type, this being one of her greatest strengths.

...But, I already have my first love, the beautiful idol of our school, and the award-winning author, Kachi Shirokusa! Thinking about it rationally, I should have no chances with her, but, while walking home from school, she only talks to me, with a smile even! I might actually have a chance, don't you think?!

Or so I thought, but then I heard that Shirokusa already has a boyfriend, and my life took a turn for the worse. I want to die. Why is it not me?! Even though she was my first love... As I was drowning in despair and depression, Kuroha whispered.

—If it's that tough for you, then how about we get revenge? The best revenge ever, that is~
----------------------------------

Anime adaptation of the light novel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I am pretty sure that I was following what was happening in the first episode, but I am kind of confused why the main character thinks he deserves the affection of the girl who was asked out by someone and agreed to date him. It is like I was not paying close enough attention, how he needs revenge or something.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

This is a series that really makes me wonder if my taste in these kinds of harem anime has changed, because I did not like. It started off with the main character being a "nice guy" trying to get revenge against a girl for not returning his feelings despite being nice to her, but then also every other character turning into manipulative shits, where they all straight up awful people. And then adding in a man hating teenage maid, which is just a fantastic trope.

I feel like such an old person, saying this new show sucks, where the main character has no personality. But they kind of give him a personality of being an actor so he has a lot of charisma, but it feels so-so, or like faux charisma. And then for some random reason he suddenly turns into a horny monkey like this is another quirk of his character. One thing is certain, it is the children who are wrong.

My rating is Not really good (4/10), which to be fair is not really because it is bad on technical merits, it can be okay to look at and stuff, it just feels so painful for me to watch the sort of story this is. I could go without having to watch another show with a nice guy harem lead, his manipulative frustrating heroines, and a teenage lesbian maid that sabotages the lead so that she can get with her mistress.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1