• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seirei Gensouki - Spirit Chronicles (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:37 am Reply with quote

Seirei Gensouki - Spirit Chronicles (TV)

Genres: action, adventure, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: harem

Plot Summary: Meet Rio: a callous orphaned boy living in the slums. At only 7-years-old, he realizes he's actually the reincarnation of Haruto Amakawa, a Japanese university student with a tragic past. While still reeling from this shocking epiphany, Rio also comes to learn that he possesses extremely potent magical abilities and uses his new powers to solve the kidnapping case of a little girl. His good deed is acknowledged, and he's rewarded by being enrolled into a prestigious academy for noble children.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Went in, expecting generic tropes (with extra cute character designs)...but actually?

Episode 01 had me quite liking this already. I'd say the main appeal is not just the MC (who is pretty cute don't @ me) reincarnated but several others did as well. I like that two sides are fighting within himself...over who he identifies as; Rio or Haruto. This is more interesting than having ALL of his memories and adult knowledge in tact like other isekai MCs do...and it's a realistic take on the 'reincarnation iseki genre' as a whole.

Plus trying to locate friends (or loved ones) who were reborn with you into a different world is also a great story...and we're definitely getting that story here. I've always loved the idea of reincarnated lovers searching for each other because the physical body may die but the soul never does. It's a super romantic idea. It's an element I really loved about (a certain Key series)spoiler[Air]

So yeah, 100% on board with this one. Best of luck to....Rio...to. After such a HORRIFIC death (o_O at least it was fast lol) and awful childhood he deserves happiness with a cute girlfriend. I hope he finds it. Crying or Very sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I was keeping an eye open that it would be awful, but it has been okay so far.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Not sure how this works as a finale. Haruto is in the middle of taking Ceilia from her wedding, with her still in the dress, and suddenly we are introduced a few more isekai-ed from Japan kids, including one who may or may not be his past love interest. At this point not much definitive, rather than a bunch of dangling threads, which I suppose could be a good way to try and bring new readers into the books, if not another season.

But really, I am a little impressed by this series. I kind of thought that it would stick to its first premise, but then it had Haruto leave the school, then it had him find demi-human village, and then in had the fantasy Japan place. Maybe it won't mean much, but it kind of gave me the impression of being confident in its story, that it could change the setting as if growing on top of itself. Although to some it might feel a bit cluttered, since we don't learn Rio motivation until he returns to fantasy Japan, and the distinction between Haruo and Rio is a little difficult at times.

Mentioning the the promotional art, Haruto doesn't wear that uniform for the majority of the story. One character mostly appeared before him leaving too. One character was in only really the last 3 episodes. And the last, only really appeared in very minute flashes that didn't mean much, until the very end of the show.

Tthere is a lot of standard isekai stuff in this show, a lot of cliché tropes, but at lest the production value was not the worst, and I somehow was at least a little invested. My rating is going to be Decent (6/10), I didn't lose my time.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, that's how it ends? Well anyway I thought it was a moderately fun show, but it felt a bit too frantic in its pacing. The show was a bit too quick to move on from its story arcs. Celia was the best girl. Gave it a decent rating.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1