• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RPG Real Estate (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:38 am Reply with quote

RPG Real Estate (TV)

Genres: comedy, fantasy, slice of life
Theme: CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things)

Plot Summary: Kotone is a mage who ends up working at a real estate agency in a fantasy world. Kotone helps various clients, from a necromancer to a guild receptionist raising a pegasus, find a place to call home.

Apr. 6, 2022 (Wednesdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:25 pm Reply with quote
This is my pick for best show of the season, I am really enjoying it, both for its look at what a wider adventuring economy really looks like and the downturns and booms that occur when there is no longer an existential war between good and evil being fought (Weapon manufacturing family go bankrupt, need for urban regeneration to provide jobs around the Big Bad's castle, legendary hero's no longer have anything to do and are relegated to civil service paperwork jobs while still being worshipped by the masses for what they did a decade ago.

But also as Fa is just adorable
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6: Love the way they brought game elements (hit points, magic points) into the story.

Not sure why everyone is giving RPG Real Estate such low ratings as it is rather entertaining.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:27 am Reply with quote
I have changed my opinion on RPG Real Estate - it is now my favorite show of the season. Love how many things are similar to a video game, with characters talking about leveling up, and hit point counters (flashback of the bard in combat).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:33 am Reply with quote
I think that it can be fun when shows like this can really put the RPG aspects into the world building.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I did not expect that with this series the previous episode would end with what looks like a mortal wound, and in the start of this episode we would get confirmation with pooling blood, with confirmation of her death. Granted, by fantasy mechanics they can ressurect the dead, but the important soul is apparently gone before they could accomplish it. Made for a really weird mood whiplash with happy go lucky Kotone now dead. And then an animated doll shows up with that one necromancer, because apparently them saying that she puts souls inside of dolls was one of the biggest plot points that would return.

I enjoyed the show well enough, it could be really cute. Although not always cute, and I think some parts of that like partial nudity, with their cute designs, might turn some people off. But also that these being working adults (I am pretty sure), were probably some of my favourite parts, like when they went clothes shopping , and realised that they accidentally went into a very expensive store.

My rating is going to be Good (7/10).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1