• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shinobi no Ittoki (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:08 am Reply with quote

Shinobi no Ittoki (TV)

Genre: action, drama
Themes: ninjas, revenge, school

Plot Summary: As the next leader in an established ninja village, Ittoki Sakuraba has mixed feelings about taking such a responsibility as his family hid this information from him until their hand was forced by an opposing village. He's suddenly introduced to Kosetsu, who barges into his space without warning and takes her job to protect him very seriously. However, Ittoki's life changes when he receives a love letter in his shoe box. To his shock and surprise, Satomi Tsubaki—a second year student—asks him out on a date. However, Satomi reveals her true murderous intentions, she's part of the Koga ninja clan, continues with her crazed plan to assassinate Ittoki for revenge.

October 4, 2022 (Tuesdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:37 am Reply with quote
Gosh, don't you just hate it when a gal you think might be warm for your form actually just wants to kill you? If I had a dime... anyway, so far this looks kind of fun. I wonder if Nishina will pop up in this isekai? I hope so. Maybe then she and the, er, Stylish Ruffian Slayer will become pals.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I actually know what to say about this show. Maybe that it did invest me enough to get drawn in by its sense of things not being fair at times. Like that one kid gives Ittoki such a hard time by apparently his tribe allegedly having ties to a someone might have killed the kid's dad, so much that he wants to kill Ittoki for being distantly related but doesn't see any of the hypocrisy of literally being involved in the attack that Killed Ittoki's mother. It was kind of super obvious for who was actually responsible, that we don't actually see any justice to the people who were bad actors. Me getting annoyed is probably a good thing in that it got me invested.

But I also don't think that the show hit a right spot for me to really appreciate it. It did have good bits, it just never reached a point where I felt like I was having fun, or being invested in the characters rather than maybe what the characters were involved in. Which I think is a way to say that I thought that the characters themselves were kind of boring.

My rating will be So-so (5/10). Maybe I am being extra harsh, but it is what I feel right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1