• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TenPuru (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:21 pm Reply with quote

TenPuru (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 8 volumes by Kimitake Yoshioka)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: Gekkō

Genres: comedy, romance

Themes: ecchi, harem

Plot Summary: Akemitsu Akegami was always told by his father that "no one can live alone"...but he's sure determined. After all, his father sure wasn't saying it with the best intentions, and Akemitsu has no desire to become like that creep.

But when a chance encounter with a young woman leaves him with thoughts that are all too impure, he decides to do what he must—become a Buddhist monk and renounce worldly ways. But the temple he decides to devote himself to...is full of women.

Air Date & Platform:
July 8, 2023 (Saturday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:59 pm Reply with quote
It has been a while since there was such a blatant in your face ecchi harem anime. The first episode has some peak culture and even some jokes that were pretty decent. The characters also seem fun, so count me in for some more.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Couldn't finish the eppie. I'm imagining 12 episodes of nothing but the male protag (whose voice I don't care for, btw) freaking out over chicks every two seconds. Nope, nope, nope.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, episode 2 had the good old cliche of several of the girls trying to get rid of the mc.
It reminds me more than a little bit of the cafe series of last season.
asoka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:36 am Reply with quote
The start of this series seems to me to be a modernized distant 2nd cousin of Ah My Buddha. With more ecchi elements & at least so far less story. Not a lot of different directions they can go with this, but I was surprised that a Nun was having an arranged marriage interview.

Also I’m still waiting for one of the nuns to do “anything” actually related to religion. I like the art style and I may try to count how many tropes show up before the end. Not expecting anything ground breaking but I’ll keep watching...
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:49 am Reply with quote
Another week, another episode filled with lewd moments and dumb jokes. This week Mia was in the spotlight and she has a....unique family. After the craziness of the episode Akagami can stay in the temple and keep his tools intact. As for the engagement talk of the next episode, I expect something surprising to happen.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:43 pm Reply with quote
In terms of the overall season, it's only better than most of the shows by the fact of his comedic energy and unapologetic horniness.

If it didn't have the sharper directing in the comedy moments, this would easily be just another ecchi title people could ignore.

Otherwise, it's nothing special and is only "better" because of how bad this season is for anime.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the final 2 episodes and I have to admit that the show offers more than just ecchi harem jokes. Sure, there is plenty of ecchi and plenty of dumb jokes, but there is also a solid story and even some serious moments every now and then. It is an anime that never feels boring and is a solid watch if you just want a fun watch and do not mind some t and a flashes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1