• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Violet Evergarden Complete Series BD: does it include the Ep. 14 OVA?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Hello, a quick question for those who own the standard edition of the Violet Evergarden Complete Series on blu-ray.

For reference, this link:
https://www.amazon.ca/Violet-Evergarden-Complete-Taichi-Ishidata/dp/B08JF5DJLT/

Does this blu-ray collection include the OVA special - "Surely, Someday, You Will Understand Love" (The one about the opera singer) along with the standard 13 episodes?
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:06 pm Reply with quote
UPDATE:

After looking at Amazon Reviews, there was one on the U.S. site that included pictures showing Disc 2 had the OVA.

Looking through the many Japanese importer reviews and running them through Google Translate also had several of them mentioning that the set has the OVA.

I ordered it myself, and I can now also personally confirm that - YES - this blu-ray package does have the Episode 14 OVA included.

The breakdown is:

Disc 1 - Episodes 1 - 7

Disc 2 - Episodes 8 - 13 + OVA + Special Features

Many product descriptions fail to mention this and I think the ANN Encyclopedia ought to also mention this for those of us who are completionists looking to own the entire Violet Evergarden series.

So I am pleased with this and also picked up the Eternity Auto memory Doll OVA and the movie. Smile

I hope this helps anyone else.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:35 pm Reply with quote
That is definitely good to know, thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1