• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chained Soldier (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:06 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Given that, I'm shccked you decided to watch the anime, smurky... hee-hee-hee...

That is because it balances the lewd, fun and action pretty well. If it is just lewd and nothing else of substance I bounce off.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:33 am Reply with quote
Suuuuuuuure, smurky, suuuuuuure... I mean, you forgot to mention how you also demand intellectually stimulating ideas, nuanced and complex characterization and richly textured thematic content, too... YOU PERV!!!

(Note: the above was written for good natured joshing purposes and should not be construed as reflecting any actual views of persons, dead or alive) Wink
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Just like with anything, too much of a good thing tends to become boring over time. Series that have nothing but ecchi become rather stale if all they do is flash and be lewd every episode.

Speaking of, episode 6 was rather ecchi light and focused a lot more on the combat. Said combat looked good enough to make the fights exciting. I do wonder about some of the abilities though. Becoming giant and hitting hard may work on the enemy scrubs, but as seen any powerful opponent will just see you as a giant target. Also, stopping or rewinding time is real handy, but only if you also have some solid offensive abilities to go along with it.

As for the captain....it depends on how far her skills can go.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:59 am Reply with quote
It is surprising that the first real battle between a humanoid Shuuki and a commander went in favor of the latter. Normally the appearance of a big bad would mean the good guys getting wiped, Tenka won pretty easily though. She also wants to steal a certain slave who had a fair bit of ecchi this week (though the last bit of it seemed rather painful).
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:26 am Reply with quote
It's possible that Peaches impower its eaters by supplying powers that fill gaps, things they feel they lack. 6th Squadron Sahara lacks energy so her power amplifies and focuses it. Sounds good. Kyouka wants to regain control in her life, ok, Shushu just wants to fit in. Right. Tenka... oh, wait. I was going to say she wants to get away but I don't think that's her real power, the wormholes are just a side effect. She makes black holes.

That's dark, then.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:11 am Reply with quote
It seems a bit unclear as to what powers they get. In the case of some it seems like a fulfilled wish or a power useful to make something come true, yet in the case of others it feels pretty random. There is also the question whether Yuuki being able to use a different form for every master is part of Kyouka's ability or something of his own somehow.

Anyway, this week showed why Tenka is the most popular character in the show/manga and wins every poll.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Dropped due to lack of caring about the characters or story. I dropped it before and brought it back but I don't think that'll happen again.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:54 am Reply with quote
And here I assumed that the ecchi alone would be enough to keep you watching Blood. As for this week's episode: seems like the final arc of the season has begun with an abduction and the likely confrontation between the defense force and the transformed former humans.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:32 pm Reply with quote
That was a solid adaptation, it captured the formula of fights, story and rewards quite well. Some of the fights were a bit wonky (especially so at the start) and the story is nothing particularly amazing, yet it was an amusing time as a whole and I would watch a second season (as unlikely as one coming may be)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3