• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Irregular at Magic High School Anime's New Sequel Series Reveals Opening Song Artist LiSA

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:07 am Reply with quote
but the real question is what arc this season will they use?

will they go right to the steeplechase arc? or will they to a TV version of the movie arc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:10 am Reply with quote
Great news! I have the impression that this series is underrated among Western anime fans; give it a chance, it's slow but quite good overall!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
Great news! I have the impression that this series is underrated among Western anime fans; give it a chance, it's slow but quite good overall!

My impression is that a lot of western anime fans are simply too impatient for slow, thorough world-building shows. A lot of the complaints that I've seen about this show (besides the onii-sama stuff) is that they spend too much time explaining the mechanics of the magic/tech which kills the flow of the action scenes. For me, I'm absolutely intrigued by that stuff and I'm like "give me MORE explanations!"
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:40 pm Reply with quote
What better way to advertise LiSA's new theme
dragonmastr wrote:
Sariachan wrote:

My impression is that a lot of western anime fans are simply too impatient for slow, thorough world-building shows. A lot of the complaints that I've seen about this show (besides the onii-sama stuff) is that they spend too much time explaining the mechanics of the magic/tech which kills the flow of the action scenes. For me, I'm absolutely intrigued by that stuff and I'm like "give me MORE explanations!"

For me it was that and the cast just didn't grab me.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:16 am Reply with quote
dragonmastr wrote:
Sariachan wrote:

personally the whole blood related siblings having romantic issues never once bothered me when it came to this series.

sadly even its author was pressured to change it due to the after effect of the backlash of oreimo's ending and the yotsuba successor arc , ( aka the arc is where they used that same complicated magic/tech hub bub to show that spoiler[ tatsuya & miyuki are NOT BLOOD RELATED, giving both of them free reign to announce their intention to marry one another during the ten master clan arc.] especially after spoiler[ miyuki is named maya's successor ] ) is proof of that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1