• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Sign of Affection (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:35 am Reply with quote
Laughing Not me, that's for sure. No surer way to a girl's heart than to buy her a jumbo sized tray of tiramisu. Dang, that Itsuo is one smooth operator. And yes, that Oushi jackass needs to be curb-stomped... like, now.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Laughing Not me, that's for sure. No surer way to a girl's heart than to buy her a jumbo sized tray of tiramisu. Dang, that Itsuo is one smooth operator. And yes, that Oushi jackass needs to be curb-stomped... like, now.

Hell, buying ME a jumbo sized tray of tiramisu would win my heart!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but Beltane70, everybody knows what a push-over you are... Wink
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Oushi is not the only person that needs a curb-stomping, in fact, I would say that Emma deserves one more right now. Despite very clear rejection she is not relenting in her approach and is even using dirty tactics to scare of others that might be interested. The problem is that I do not really know what Itsuomi can do about her. Personally, I would be very clear that there would never be interest and that her behavior is unwanted and bothersome, but Itsuomi seems too nice for that, sometimes the best thing one can do is to be very direct and maybe a tad nasty.

Otherwise it was a very intimate episode with plenty of moments that were very sweet yet not too much of a good thing. Also, Itsuomi may have some issues with personal space, but I love how direct and honest he is. No overthinking things or being wishy washy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Yeah, but Itsuomi is dumb as a post. Really? You can't figure out why Yuki didn't wait for you after seeing you have a female visitor? Oooo, such a complex thing to figure out, isn't it? Ah, but to be fair, Itsuomi is the male hero of a shojo show, so of course he has to be utterly clueless.

I don't often register background music unless it is particularly intrusive or otherwise really noteworthy. But I did notice some of the bgm when Itsuomi and Yuki were in his apartment. What struck me was that while it was nice and gentle there was also... to my ears... a bit of a melancholy air to it which seems a little strange considering we are supposed to be watching two people fall in love.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Damn, this really is a sweet show. And the couple has gotten together midway through the cours??? Holy lightning speed, Batman. I imagine next episode will be about Yuki struggling to get along without her Snuggum-wuggums... who is probably visiting the brothels of Bangkok, amirite???
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:03 pm Reply with quote
t was good seeing him confess and them start to date, even in the face that he is going to be gone for a month. But also kept teetering in fearing like he wasn't giving her a space to process everything happening, and could he take advantage of her in a way she couldn't ask for help. Also hope that bit about her not wanting to tie him down, regarding the friends thing, won't be indicative of mismatched boundaries.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:25 pm Reply with quote
So, we have had another 3 or 4 episodes and the show is still going strong. The main couple is getting used to one another more and of course there have been plenty more cute/sparkly moments. As for the other characters, they are slowly getting some extra attention, though there being multiple tsundere types who can not be honest about their feelings to save their life is a tad annoying at times. Oushi in particular is something else.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:32 am Reply with quote
Itsuomi managed to have Oushi kind of be better. Really feels like Oushi is the type that didn't know how to work with his feelings, so resorted to being a bit mean rather than actually be open. And Itsuomi took it as not being more hostile but making an honest attempt to be open and maybe get to know each other.

Also, I cannot remember if Itsuomi has worn that jacket before, but I found it super distracting, it kept making me think of a burger, but not complete that it could be made to look better. I think that it was because I found the colours look very similar to the box of the Whopper burger from Hungry Jack's.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I still do not like Oushi, but at least the show has shown why he is like he is (aka an ass) and maybe the whole ordeal will actually make him change for the better. Being mean to the one you like and not even wanting to understand your own feelings is not a good way to function.
The fact that his rival in love (though the race is over already) is the one to straighten him up is unique.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am Reply with quote
And thus ends a really solid romance anime. The romance was strong with relatively little drama (especially so for the main couple) and most characters seem to be closer to being happy with the one they love (excluding a certain somebody). The presentation was great through the whole adventure and the vivid colors in particular were lovely to look at. Some characters were annoying at times (again, mainly a certain somebody) but there was also some decent character progression.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (Finale)

I always consider a romance show to be successful if I'm glad the couple(s) get together and that show accomplished that. I was way more into Yuki than I was Itsuomi but I think they make a lovely pair. There's a few new romance shows starting up very soon and I wonder how they will stack up with this one? I rated it Good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3