• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:04 am Reply with quote
Loved my experience with the show. Good looking, good story (mostly), good audio. A thorough B+ experience, tempted to call it A-. Very glad for watching it.

I was surprised that it was so fatherly regarding the main character, but not unpleasantly so. I was expecting a mixture of protection and superstition from the adults, or just some plain old pragmatism. But that did not manifest outside of her home town. Now Ivy is rich enough to live out the rest of her life on what she has. With good friends both monster and human.

Curiously the only event from the opening sequence that is absent is the ent fight with the adventurers guarding Ivy. I wonder if that is a future event or just a representation of her dangers faced. I also wonder how her future adventures would play out, would she find guardians for a 3rd time in a row or will she now be able to interact with people more as equals? I hope so.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:02 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow - I know what you mean about healing anime. Just some of the ones I like for that sort of thing are Aria (Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural et al) Otaku Elf, Farming Life in Another World, and Tonikawa: Over the Moon For You.

Blood- wrote:
Episode 12 (Finale)
I blame Edjwald for me watching this. And by "blame", of course I mean "thank." I was gonna blow it off but he kept writing nice things about it and even though, as Gina often says, his taste is the pits,

Can't argue there. Look at my taste in friends Wink Especially Gina as it turns out....

And yah, there's a fine line in not being cutesy and going too far with kid MCs. Girls' Last Tour nailed the balance perfectly IMHO

Gotta agree with you and Dusky that the ED is awesome too. Y'know, there have been a lot of good OPs and ED's this season..

Edited to erase a repeated word
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald, don't take Gina's withering contempt TOO seriously. She's usually pretty sedate, but get her at one of those swanky ANN parties that everybody except you is invited to, with a few Appletinis under her belt and woo! Filters be OFF!
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:53 am Reply with quote
Alright, we should stop messing around before Gina notices. Something about the image of a drunk Gina unleashing legitimately scared me and snapped me back to my senses Wink

BTW, I checked, and there are 6 volumes of Weakest Tamer on Amazon and a 7 coming out in August. I'm not sure what the ratio of English translated volumes is to actual number of light novels in circulation in Japan, but there ought to be enough material for a season 2. I've also never seen an anime on Crunchyroll that had a dozen translated dubs on the first day that didn't get a season 2 personally, though I'm practically an anime newbie compared to some.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6