• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:06 am Reply with quote

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince (TV)

Source: LIght Novel (ongoing @ 7 volumes, written by Kenkyo na Circle, illustrated by Meru)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio: Tsugumi Akita Animation Lab

Genres: adventure, fantasy

Themes: medieval, reincarnation, sorcery

Plot Summary: Prince Lloyd wasn't always a prince...in fact, his previous life is one he remembers perfectly: he was a sorcerer, of sorts. So when he was forced to reincarnate, he decided to continue his studies, prince of the realm or not. But his new life has its own sets of challenges...including being a 10-year-old.

Air Date & Platform:
April 1, 2024 (Monday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I am not a fan of the shota hungry maids, otherwise I liked the first episode mostly because of how quirky it was. Lloyd is a magic maniac and due to his hunger for new kinds of magic he is an overpowered luncatic that is amusing to watch. Having a demon familiar will probably make for some fun situations too, finally, the animation is pretty good.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, quirky is very much the perfect word to descibe the show thus far. Every character is a bit out there and Lioyd is chief among them with how much of an insane magician he is. Seems like the fights are not so much about winning but rather about what kind of nonsense the mc will produce.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:13 am Reply with quote
Is it bad that I am kind of into this? Especially kind of with the cute boy concept, as most usually fit the bratty type. Maybe if he wasn't such a child body, but it does feel like it is treating him in ways not usual for male characters, while at the same time doesn't feel like it is making a joke about being a boy, and also really strong. The more silly animation also has a lot of character too.

It is kind of just fun to watch with some of its animation.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Every episode is such an over the top joy to watch. This week we had a very amusing battle in which qi got a change to shine and the second half was all about cooking up some enchanted weapons. I get the feeling that said weapons will turn the monsters into sashimi next week.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Yup, those enchanted weapons are really sharp and dangerous. That said, Sylpha wielding one of those swords with her ridiculous swordplay is a straight up menace. It is fun seeing the ugly bunnyish looking demon getting dealt with. Given that Lloyd is messing around with a new type of magic I expect things to not be over yet though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1