• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soul Eater (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
...I heard there's going to be broadcasted twice; one at the evening and one late at night.

Was there ever a reason found out for this? I didn't check AoD's thread, but I probably should again.

Also, I'm surprised the OP theme is being done by T.M.Revolution. Not that I don't like him, but it just doesn't seem like the kind of show that fits his style. Stance Punks sounds about right, though. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
...I heard there's going to be broadcasted twice; one at the evening and one late at night.

Was there ever a reason found out for this? I didn't check AoD's thread, but I probably should again.

The fan service is pretty blatant in the beginning and in a certain episode further down the way. Other than that, you could argue that there are some violent scenes.

It was guessed part of it was due to the moon's blood, but you can see it in the trailer.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Soul Eater will be the big hit of the Spring season along with Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier. As a manga reader who has read the first 22 chapters (chapters are 40-50 pages in length so it would be the equivalent of say 50 Bleach/Naruto chapters) I can honestly say that aside from Kekkaishi this is going to put every typical shonen anime from the last few years to shame.

Also I expect Medusa will go down as one of the best roles performed by Kuwashima Houko, that role will just be a showcase for her skills.

ShadowTrader wrote:
Reminds me of bleach...

Hows that classic Gundam quote go when we see the new superior model Gouf MS... something like "this is no zaku!!, no zaku!!".. whatever it was replace zaku with Bleach.

Zoe wrote:
Also, you can already see the (slight, so far) changes they're making to the story from the trailer.

I'm guessing this is what happens when you have time to go over your work and fix up earlier stuff. Being a monthly manga I'm sure he planned some stuff ahead of time but the author/Bones probably want to put in some foreshadowing.

Aromatic Grass wrote:
Also, I'm surprised the OP theme is being done by T.M.Revolution. Not that I don't like him, but it just doesn't seem like the kind of show that fits his style. Stance Punks sounds about right, though. :wink:

Something like his Darker Than Black OP would've been alright but that was under that Abington Boys School group which is his more rockier sound. He seems to go with a europop/techno sound when he's T.M but I'll wait to I hear the suond before commenting.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Something like his Darker Than Black OP would've been alright but that was under that Abington Boys School group which is his more rockier sound. He seems to go with a europop/techno sound when he's T.M but I'll wait to I hear the suond before commenting.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was the same guy! Now it all seems to obvious! Anime dazed (And the info's right here on ANN.) But yeah, I'm not saying it's going to be an unfit OP until I see(hear) it for myself, but it just seems unfitting at a first glance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote
Wow, that show looks pretty...badass. I was on the official website a while ago and was interested because of the character designs, but...wow Very Happy
Maase

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
Im interested in it, im planning to see it Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
That trailer was awesome. Man, I'm really getting excited about this one.

Zoe wrote:
Aromatic Grass wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

The fan service is pretty blatant in the beginning and in a certain episode further down the way. Other than that, you could argue that there are some violent scenes.

It was guessed part of it was due to the moon's blood, but you can see it in the trailer.

Yeah, Andrew Cunningham brought up the thing with the moon. But initially I had mentioned that maybe it was blood in general. I'm not familiar with the manga, so I don't know how graphic or bloody it is, but recently, a number of shows have gotten really sensitive about blood and a number of them have toned down the amount of blood and turned the blood to black. Even Bleach has done this. Post-Soul Society, the blood has been drastically reduced, to the point that people get impaled without bleeding at all, and most of the blood they do show is black. So I thought maybe the initial airing would have reduced violence like that while the latter showing would be uncut.

Whether that's what they'll be doing remains to be seen. The original article mentioned additional scenes, which suggests extra footage, not altered footage. But it doesn't seem like there has been any information on what these extra scenes will actually be.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:04 am Reply with quote
Here's the first tv spot for Soul Eater featuring some new scenes as well as the OP by T.M Revolution which pretty much sounds like his stuff from Gundam SEED.

http://www.dailymotion.com/manuloz/video/x4rb7d_se-30s-tv-spot_creation
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quote
Just aired about 80 mins ago, impressions have been good so far from Japanese posters on some sites. I'll be back with my impressions in a few hours hopefully once I see the raw. Since this is based on the Maka & Soul Eater one shot I already know what will happen.
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
Best OP this season, nothing comes close so far.
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching the raw, I hope Maka's VA improves quickly... anyway animation was great, op was awesome (needed more Medusa!!) and the music was fine. Blair = <3 and Maka's dad is a laugh. I'll be curious to see the differences between this and the uncut version and I'm looking forward to Blackstar making his debut next week :) Death the Kidd is going to be awesome in week 3 as well!
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
that pilot was really stylish. i don't think they will be able keep up that up for the whole series, but hopefully it's close. i loved the first fight scene.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Just downloaded the raw in order to watch the OP. Are you kidding me? Shocked The OP is total win! I hope the subbed version is released quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Just downloaded the raw in order to watch the OP.

I did to hear all the commotion about Maka's VA. (lol @ my first raw since Karas.)

Anyway, this is going to be one of the most freaking awesome series ever. What's funny (for me) is that I actually got what was going on, even though I usually just watch subs. I liked both theme songs, though obviously the OP more than the ED.

And <3 Maka's dad! Anime exclamation
Skys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the raw of the first episode. Truthfully, I didn't it was all that special, but that is not to say I think this anime will be bad. The first episode provided a nice taste to what the anime will be like and I am looking forward to episodes once the plot starts. (I'm also looking to Death the Kidd's introduction. He is pretty hilarious.) I thought the opening and closings were rather good. I was a little taken back when I first heard Maka's and Soul's voice actors. I was expecting something different, but I got used to them as the show went on. Anyway, I'll probably watch the first episode again once the subs come out for the late night edition episode. (I hope the late night edition isn't just over saturated with fan service. Added violence and such would be nice.)

Anyway, did anyone else see that this show will be running for 51 episodes. I'm psyched since I liked the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 26