• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toradora! (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psyco13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Toradora!

Well i just saw the first episode and I like it so far spoiler[both the main characters have different love interests but they are both perfect together and i personally like the female leads voice same as Zero no, Hayatte no gotoku ] the story so far is going a long nicely

of course this is only one man's opinion what are ur thoughts Very Happy?

[EDIT: Added the Encyclopedia entry and altered the title to make it a tad less ambiguous. -TK]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
My prediction of the words: idiot, shut-up, and dog all being present were exactly 100% spot on. I'm still gonna enjoy Shakugan no Tsukaima though.
gibbage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
Reminds me a LOT of Zero. Do Japanese guys put up with this much abuse from girls? Rolling Eyes
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
My prediction of the words: idiot, shut-up, and dog all being present were exactly 100% spot on. I'm still gonna enjoy Shakugan no Tsukaima though.
Wouldn't that be more like "Shakugan no Tsukaima no Gotoku Maid May"? Wink *reads description more carefully* Wow, I completely threw in the "Gotoku" part at random, but apparently the guy does do domestic chores for the girl who will become my RieKugimiyatsundereloli fix with the conclusion of ZnT 3. Just waiting on a more amenable sub group that goes a little easier on the random comments. Like maybe Your-Mom.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
I did notice that Teh Rie was doing a deeper tsundere loli voice than normal, which is kinda nice, it sounds better than her usually tone.
Psyco13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
haha it's not so much that i like the abuse but it's just i like how this type of character progresses through the series
larinon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I had very mixed feelings about the first episode. I think I enjoyed it but there were parts where I was tempted to just turn it off completely, mainly dealing with the way he lets her treat him. It frustrates me. I did not particularly care for what I saw of Zero no Tsukaima, so I hope it's not in a similar vein. I think it will depend on how much the servitude angle is a factor. The final scene of the episode and the next episode preview gave me a bit of hope.

Still, I'm not going to give up on it right away. I actually felt the same way after the first episode of Lucky Star and ended up enjoying the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
So, for those of us who don't find the Wrathful Loli the only necessary reason to watch a series, does this show have any other compelling or unique characteristics? I wan't particularly impressed with Shakugan no Shana (less impressed even in the second season), and I've see enough of Zero to know I don't really care about that series.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
So, for those of us who don't find the Wrathful Loli the only necessary reason to watch a series, does this show have any other compelling or unique characteristics? I wan't particularly impressed with Shakugan no Shana (less impressed even in the second season), and I've see enough of Zero to know I don't really care about that series.

At the moment, not really, but each of the Rie Kugimiya "wrathful lolis" (or tsunderelolis, as I like to call them) are a bit different, so while its a fair way to group them, they aren't identical and I think its quite possible to like one and dislike the others.

In this case, I like to think of Taiga the Palmtop Tiger as Chiaki (Minami-ke) with a penchant for violence (living with Kana for over a decade will do that to a person), rather than a variation on the other RK Tsunderelolis, even if she used a few of the lines they were famous for. I'd say give it a shot and if you don't care for Taiga, then just don't continue.

It's also worth noting that the male lead looks to be at least decent. He has the problem of tending to scare people just by looking at them due to an unfortunate genetic heritage from his father, who is absent and he really, really doesn't like or want to be associated with. That aside, he seems to have his act together and doesn't look like he will just be getting beaten around by Taiga. Minor spoiler for episode 1: spoiler[She basically tries to kill him with a wooden sword to save herself from embarrassment, but he holds his own against her, despite being taken by surprise.]
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
I had very mixed feelings about the first episode. I think I enjoyed it but there were parts where I was tempted to just turn it off completely, mainly dealing with the way he lets her treat him. It frustrates me. I did not particularly care for what I saw of Zero no Tsukaima, so I hope it's not in a similar vein. I think it will depend on how much the servitude angle is a factor. The final scene of the episode and the next episode preview gave me a bit of hope.

Still, I'm not going to give up on it right away. I actually felt the same way after the first episode of Lucky Star and ended up enjoying the series.

My thoughts exactly. I completely agree with you. Intially I didn't like Lucky Star, but after the first episode, I ended up enjoying the rest of the series as well. But if Toradora becomes anything like The Familar of Zero, I will not continue this series.
Agoston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote
The first episode was okay, it was just an introductory of the two characters. I'm gonna keep watching it, it feels like it has potential, and the first episode rarely speaks volumes for this kind of anime.

Also, Rie was born on my birthday Very Happy (except about 15 years earlier lol)
Killtheshrew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoyed it. Looks like it'll be a good show. Alright it may not be very original but I'm easily pleased so that doesn't bother me.

Really like the art style as well.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1 was pretty good.It's nothing people haven't seen though.

I also liked the catchy ED.I liked how the looped walk cycle synced up with the music.I know women that act like Aisaka.
Bratty,mean and cute as hell.I look forward to the next episode.

Killtheshrew wrote:
Really enjoyed it. Looks like it'll be a good show. Alright it may not be very original but I'm easily pleased so that doesn't bother me.

Really like the art style as well.
It was good.It was funny.It wasn't nearly as annoying as most of the shows,that have come out in the last year.
I was also in the mood for a show,that didn't deal with 100 cast members.Right away,anyway.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
I too noticed that Aisaka shares VAs with Shana. When she said "urusai urusai!" I was like... wtf Shana? lol.

As for the episode itself, I haven't seen Zero no Tsukisama or w/e, but I like what I've seen so far. It's really funny. Having a Shana-like character is gonna be interesting.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
I didn't like shana but I think I like this..
I think I act like aisaka a bit though so I kind of like her Anime hyper maybe it's a short people thing. Despite having the same plot as every other light novel this one seems more enjoyable and natural and dare I say realistic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 64