• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
True Tears.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, like I said, we have differing opinions in this one. I don't think I misunderstood the scenes. I think there were several reasons the characters did the things they did. I don't think my analysis of them is totally off base, just different from your interpretation.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't really like any of the other romances coming out this year so far except for vampire knight and skip beat! so I'm glad to have found this. so far I have seen the first episode and some of the second.

I really like that all the characters don't spend the day screaming at each other but still they aren't dull to watch. The show does have a very sad atmosphere to it though even from the first scene you can tell that this show isn't going down a romantic comedy route anytime soon. Oh and it's only 13 episodes so it doesn't really take too long.

[EDIT: Merged your thread with the large one. Please use the ANN Series Discussion Index for a search next time. -TK]
Elfen12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes, this show was acutally quite good, i saw it and i was rather impressed. I mean, Ani-romances/dramas are nice and all, and i ususaly can watch them, but ... well what i'm trying to type is that this one was just different in my opinion. The whole tone of the series was differnet than most of the other romance animes, that i've seen. It wasn't easily predictable either, which is something i look for in animes, esepically romance/drama series'.

zanarkand princess wrote:
I really like that all the characters don't spend the day screaming at each other but still they aren't dull to watch. The show does have a very sad atmosphere to it though even from the first scene you can tell that this show isn't going down a romantic comedy route anytime soon.

I like how it was like that a lot, although you're right it had a sad atmosphere to it, i still thought that the mood itself was rather interesting to say the least. Its not that it was a sad mood in my opinion, its just that it wasn't so up and cheerful all the time. Also, i like how they really focused on their emotions, while at the same time, not having the characters yell and yap at each other... those are my thoughts on the series.
igriega

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
It's one of the best "harem" series I've ever seen that dealt with normal people (no furry loli pantsless catgirls flying around) in a realistic setting. The series is a character driven series, and I found the story very engaging. The production quality of the show is impressive (high quality), and the writing is arguably quite solid overall. The soundtrack didn't blow me away, but it complemented the show very well.

The downsides for me are few, but they still bugged me. The obligatory fanservice shots felt cheap and even more unnecessary than usual, and for some reason I was quite disappointed with the ending despite my favourite character "winning" at the end. Also, I felt one of the characters wasn't really necessary in the grand scheme of things (you'll know who I'm talking about once you watch it, if you haven't already).

The show is by no means perfect, but for people like me who are absolute suckers for this stuff, I recommend it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9