• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shin Mazinger -- info and discussion.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedLeader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quote
Energer Z, huh? Well, Energer Z is essentially a Proto Z... But are they using it here as a Proto Great, instead? Questions, questions... This show certainly is FULL of them. Anime hyper
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Funnily enough, some shots of the new Energer Z Chogokin have appeared showing it with a completely different colour scheme than that which we see in the new OP I’m not sure what to make of it.
I'd like it if it was a Proto Great but I kind of doubt it. I don’t think they want Z to be outshined in this series.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
The thing is... Great WILL appear in this series, it was seen in the first episode. And if this series follows suit with the rest of the Mazinger series, Kouji may win against Dr. Hell but... Z isn't enough against Mycenians. Certainly not against the Great General of Darkness. Granted, they've surprised us before so it's possible they'll take things in a new direction and just WANT us to think Z will fail but... It's probably not too much of an overestimate to think Tetsuya will have to pull Kouji from the fire.

Anyway... Just saw episode 16! Anime hyper spoiler[It was neat how they used the manga to talk about Baron Ashura. I guess he/she will figure more into this story than we've seen previously. Also, more scenes from the first episode! And now, Arch Duke Gorgon appears. Hell may have bitten off a little more than he can chew! Anime hyper]
RedLeader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 17's up raw. Looks like it's more backstory about the Mycenians.
Quote:
Also time travel, Baron Ashura's componant parts, more Arch Duke Gorgon, and Zeus. Suffice it to say, the subs should be pretty interesting.
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
17 and especially 18 were awesome
RedLeader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Oops. Looks like I hit Quote rather than Spoiler... ^^; Well, at least the spill wasn't bad. But yeah, 17 and 18 were awesome! And the subs are finally out too! Going to watch them now! BTW...

Did you notice? Episode 18 spoiler[contradicts the first episode! Yasu is clearly seen in the first episode fighting along side the rest of the Kurogane 5 but... He just blew himself up with that Photon Bomb of his... Does that mean the events depicted in the first episode are not completely real? That the actual final battle will turn out differently? I wonder... Also... Is it just me... Or did Hades become the Great Emporer of Darkness when Zeus beat him? O_O]
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Yeah... Cross and Master seem to have died as well, though they might have survived. But Yasu clearly just blew himself up. Also if you watch the first episode, Django has two arms even though one gets ripped off.

I don't really know what's happening with the first ep any more. Time travel messing events up?]

On the other hand, if Kouji gets into a fight with Ankoku Daishogun or whoever, it's gonna be pretty awesome. This episode really made it clear that there is an enormous size difference between Mazinger Z and the "gods" (also seen in ep 1, but not as strongly).
RedLeader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I didn't notice that until I rewatched it with subs. But something that seems evident from the subs is spoiler[forever, we've thought of the Mycenians as a lost civilization, but it seems the name "Mycenian Empire" does not actually belong to the culture of Bardos Island but to the aliens that have made it a garrison. I also wonder if Zeus has a Kedora inside him too. This also presents a conundrum... Do we think of the Gods as cyborgs in the conventional sense with a machine body and a living brain (that can easily transfer itself to a more suitable body if it wants to) or as piloted robots whose pilots have been radically altered to give them more precision control over their robots? Of course, now another question is... If Hades/Great Emperor and the surviving aliens went underground to escape Zeus, where is Zeus now? Did he leave Earth? Or... Is that giant hand shaped deposit of Japanium actually...? O_O]

[sigh] Another hard week of waiting for the next episode.
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I think the deposit of Japanium Ore is actually the arm Zeus used for his rocket punch, which is really funny Laughing as for where he is now, I assumed that he was the big statue on Bardos Island. It seemed to "wake up" when Tsubasa was talking to Schtroheim about it.]
a-cha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Just start watching this one. I love these new shows based on Go Nagai stuff.
a-cha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Just start watching this one. I love these newer shows based on Go Nagai stuff.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quote
Hey, you know, I just realized something! When Mazinger transforms into that big hand, what hand is it? A right hand! Andspoiler[what hand did Zeus just lose? The RIGHT one! Is it possible the God Scrander is MADE from Zeus' right hand? Or was it made to REPLACE it? Notice how when it completes the transformation, it becomes gold colored like Zeus' "Battle Raiment". Isn't that interesting?]
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:21 am Reply with quote
FINALLY, episode 19 is up with subs. A few interesting things happen but sadly the big cliff hanger from last episode was not resolved. If anything, we just have NEW questions to add the ones from last episode! Anime hyper Seems to be a pattern for the show!

spoiler[Kouji and company rescue Baron Ashura from Count Broken while Tsubasa is driven mad by the ghostly "grudge" of Tetsuya. But... But Tetsuya's not dead... Just what IS Pygman playing at and is the Kenzo that appears at the end the REAL Kenzo and last but not least... ENERGER ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! The next episode will probably be a robot fight one. Anime hyper]
MazinGO!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Narrator shout at the end there was awesome.

Ep 20 is out, this show is unstoppable.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quote
Oh, good! I'm not the only one still watching. :p I've got only one thing and one thing to say...

spoiler[KOI!!! GODDO SUKURANDAA!!!!!!] Anime hyper I think that's my new favorite line! Anime hyper

The episode certainly was an eye opener but something doesn't make sense... spoiler[Juuzo and Tsubasa would've needed Energer to haul off Zeus' arm... So, why does Dr. Hell have it now?]

Anyway, already watched the raw of 21... spoiler[Looks like I was right about God Scrander being Zeus' right arm! Anime hyper But also, everyone gets to be bad ass in this one! Even Shiro! And more than that, EVEN the Mazinger Army! :O Well, the "Shin" Mazinger Army, anyway! Anime hyper I guess that means Sayaka's skipping right over Diana A and going for Venus. And the Kurogane Five are back! Yay! And so is Ankokuji! And Gamia! And those gangsters from the first episode and... and.. and... Bardos is in the air? Aw, hell. I think we're in the home stretch now... I think the final battle... Is about to begin. Which means... No more Shin Mazinger... Anime cry]

Can't wait for next week! Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12