• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi- (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animeboy12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
watch the first episode, and I must say it's pretty bad in terms of story but for wanted it is scantily-clad large-breasted( and small breasts) women fighting each other and tearing clothes off it's a decent watch.

I don't why so many anime fans treat this series like it raped someone's child, especially were a good portion of anime aren't that above what's queen's blades doing.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote
But Queen's Blade isn't even a fun bad show (unless you've got a couple friends over and are drinking). It's supposed to be an ecchi romp, but it takes itself too seriously; minus the angel chick who's supposed to be moderating the matches, most of the characters seem dead serious, but aren't quite melodramatic enough to imply outright parody. The characters are already wearing ridiculously skimpy outfits, yet we still get excuses for Reina to get naked regularly. Why was she forced to walk back to the castle tied up bondage style and not given some sort of covering? Because that's what kind of show it is. But we're still expected to take it seriously when she's playing the role of the "I must get stronger" hero?

I don't hate these types of shows (I gave Koihime a 7, and had considered giving it an 8), but Queen's Blade isn't really funny, the plot is generic, and just because everyone has massive boobs doesn't mean it's sexy.
DomFortress

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Queen's Blade isn't really funny, the plot is generic, and just because everyone has massive boobs doesn't mean it's sexy.
Nor were they even attractive. All the female fighters in the Queen's Blade anime are being portrayed very poorly due to unrealistic story elements. I can't even show this to my girlfriend while expecting her to enjoy it. If something that's deemed to be unpopular by roughly 51% of the world population, then what the heck!? Anime dazed
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Now, now, people, calm down. A grand total of ONE episode has been released thus far. If you didn't like it and don't plan to watch further, okay, I have no problem, but don't you think it's a bit early to start declaring it the worst show EVAR? Your average anime doesn't show it's potential until at least three episodes in, and I could name a half-dozen off the top of my head that start off slow or even outright bad and then get awesome after ten episodes.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad this show is as extremely fail as it is so that I can justify watching it aside from wanting a disgustingly over-the-top level of fanservice. And even if you're a fan of these skanky sort of shows, when the source material is better wanking material than the hentai for it you've found some serious shit.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
The characters are already wearing ridiculously skimpy outfits, yet we still get excuses for Reina to get naked regularly. Why was she forced to walk back to the castle tied up bondage style and not given some sort of covering? Because that's what kind of show it is. But we're still expected to take it seriously when she's playing the role of the "I must get stronger" hero?

That's one of the many things that I laughed about while watching the first episode. I think for one it's poking fun at hentai themes, which one was obviously bondage, and the second one was Reina wetting herself twice during one not even thirty minute episode. A third thing I think we all can look at is huge boobs. The guys creating this series must be deprived of girlfriends and cleavage in general if boob size decides it wants to go to such great lengths in a series. And guess what, we haven't even met Cattleya yet.
animeboy12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Now, now, people, calm down. A grand total of ONE episode has been released thus far. If you didn't like it and don't plan to watch further, okay, I have no problem, but don't you think it's a bit early to start declaring it the worst show EVAR? Your average anime doesn't show it's potential until at least three episodes in, and I could name a half-dozen off the top of my head that start off slow or even outright bad and then get awesome after ten episodes.

you know how it is on the internet. People get things fast so they tend to make quick opinions. There are tons of anime that start out bad but end up good or decent and if the do end up bad throw it with the rest of them(not like we don't have tons of bad anime). I'm just not impress with everyone acting like there are few anime series above this.

Anyway, I done defending it and I will say I am very disappointed with the character design especially looking at the source material
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
blind_assassin wrote:
I'm glad this show is as extremely fail as it is so that I can justify watching it aside from wanting a disgustingly over-the-top level of fanservice. And even if you're a fan of these skanky sort of shows, when the source material is better wanking material than the hentai for it you've found some serious shit.

I would hope those of us who wanted to watch this was only for the satisfaction of seeing these characters in motion, and that's about it. I think I may prefer to watch this raw to be honest, nothing to be gained from understanding it fully I would say.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
blind_assassin wrote:

I would hope those of us who wanted to watch this was only for the satisfaction of seeing these characters in motion, and that's about it. I think I may prefer to watch this raw to be honest, nothing to be gained from understanding it fully I would say.

All the sub groups on it are Engrishy anyway. I think the addition of poorly articulated subtitles somewhat enhances the show. Most of the dialogue is of about the same quality as hentai filler dialogue but many people are aware of gems like "How can you say you love her if you don't eat her poop?" and I figure there'll be one or two of those in Queen's Blade.

What's with all the people hating on the character design? Perhaps my enjoyment of Listy/Risty allows me to overlook the other characters a bit but I don't think the animation is that bad. Or maybe it's just that I have zero expectations for this show in any respect.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Maybe then this is one of those instances where knowing Japanese helps because then you don't have to worry about looking at poorly conceived subtitles. Not to say that the show isn't poorly conceived itself, but it makes for a difference, as I have found. Provides for less things to worry about and then it's still freaking funny to watch.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Japan has taken editing to new levels. I'm talking like beyond Mackere-level editing.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/04/07/queens-blade-minus-the-nudity-equals/

I mean, yeah, its quite necessary but that is really obvious.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote
Well hey, we saw editing like that when they aired KnJ, except KnJ did it on purpose. Although I have to say that they do come up with innovative ways of censoring, rather than the mosaic that you might see here and there.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
I say the editing is just stupid. I mean this nudity and sexual situations and gimmicks are basically all the show has going for it. It certainly isn't getting it's fans for it's in depth story and character development. Unless you're talking about the breasts size developments. This editing is basically taking the only trick away from a one trick pony. If you're going to do that just take it out back and put the damn thing down humanely.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Well hey, we saw editing like that when they aired KnJ, except KnJ did it on purpose. Although I have to say that they do come up with innovative ways of censoring, rather than the mosaic that you might see here and there.

You'd think that any self-respecting otaku would already have AT-X, thus circumventing this stupid problem. I can't think of any other redeeming quality to this show besides the naked breasts, so if you take that away, what are you left with, plot and characterization? HAH.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
You'd think that any self-respecting otaku would already have AT-X, thus circumventing this stupid problem. I can't think of any other redeeming quality to this show besides the naked breasts, so if you take that away, what are you left with, plot and characterization? HAH.

If we were to call the quality "redeeming" in that case, then yes, since that is what the how is about. I mean, it's in there for the laughs, since the show is epic fail/epic win depending upon whose viewpoint you're listening to or watching for yourself. I can only imagine how the "director's cut" is going to be for the DVD releases Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3