• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Real Drive.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
New trailer posted on AoD. The production seriously looks like total win. Smile

Absolutely! That trailer was something else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
New trailer posted on AoD. The production seriously looks like total win. Smile

What's with that robotic lady at the end of the video? Shocked
It sure looks like this show won't disappoint with its visuals, as always with Production I.G. Smile
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:

That scared me, so I just decided to pretend it wasn't there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Well after finally getting the trailer to work for me (I think I just had to go to YouTube itself and type it in instead of use the link for some reason......) I can definitely say this is looking to be quite the series. MAN does this spring season look good! Cool

Aromatic Grass wrote:
fokkusuhaundo wrote:

That scared me, so I just decided to pretend it wasn't there.

Hahaha! Laughing I actually just skipped that part entirely..........
sj21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
That seems tite. I love appleseed ex machina and gits and of course masamune shrow!!! Very Happy Smile Surprised Shocked Cool Razz
Facade19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I am really intrigued about Real Drive.
I am not sure exactly what it is about, but it reminds me on some good old shows that I am very fond of.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
New trailer posted on AoD.

Just as an update, ANN posted a link to a larger and more clear version of this trailer, along with some various other details not covered in this thread so far. If you're having trouble watching it, here is the crappy YT counterpart. This way at least you can get a better view and gush even more over the beautiful animation. Razz

Also, Westlo pointed out that the director is working on Amatsuki at the same time, so if you're interested in that series (or were at some point) it may not be a bad idea to check it out if you end up loving Real Drive. I was already planning to watch it.

One more thing: if you haven't already checked out the character page on the main site, you might wanna take a look anyway and note their ages. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can't seem to be able to play the newer version of the trailor, so for now I'll just have to stick with the crappy YouTube version, dang it! Mad Sounds to me like this Amatsuki series will be a well worthwhile watch, but we'll see. It's the whole issue of whether or not I can fit it in somehow. I don't know, maybe if I end up not liking any of the other series I'm watching I can give it a shot.

In any case, looking here at some of these character profiles on the main site, some of our main characters definitely don't look like their age (82!? 1 year old!? Shocked ). How interesting......
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the raw because I'd heard there was a bunch of Ghost in the Shell-talk going on. Gotta have some way to supplement so I can gush over the animation. Razz

Christ, the sea is so well animated. I don't know what was going on, but it was so freaking epic that I didn't really care. The BGM is pretty nice, too. (Also, watch out for a slight bit of nudity at the end.) Embarassed

Oh, and it seems the reason the main character is 82 is obviously because spoiler[he was that old man, but I have no clue why any of this is happening just yet.]
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I watched some of the raw earlier. I agree, the sea is awesome. I'll probably have to watch each episode twice in order to fully take in the visuals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I've decided to go and make it a point to wait until the sub versions of of these first episodes come out, just to make sure I'm not over-exerting myself (If you can't tell, I'm being kind of overwhelmed by the amount of series I want to see this season! Anime smile + sweatdrop ). Just thought I'd let you guys know. Smile Can't wait 'till the sub!

EDIT: Oh Ko, do you think you could elaborate a bit more on this brief scene of nudity? Just making sure I know what I'm getting myself into is all.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
(If you can't tell, I'm being kind of overwhelmed by the amount of series I want to see this season! Anime smile + sweatdrop ).

Oh, I know! There are just so many series that interest me this season. I'm really getting impatient with some of these series though. It's been nearly a week and some series still haven't been subbed yet! Evil or Very Mad I guess I was spoiled when Claymore would come out at about the same time just about every week.

Last edited by Jedi General on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Oh, I know! There are just so many series that interest me this season. I'm really getting impatient with some of these series though. It's been nearly a week and some series still haven't been subbed yet! Evil or Very Mad I guess I was spoiled when Claymore would come out at about the same time every just about every week.

Yeah, no kidding! I'm even typing some of these into mininova and apparently they don't even have a RAW for some of them yet! *stress hairs* Guess it just takes a bit of patience, especially when yes, we certainly were spoiled by Claymore, in more ways than one, weren't we? Wink Until then, I'm starting to think about maybe checking out some first episodes of some of these series that are already out. But we'll see.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Until then, I'm starting to think about maybe checking out some first episodes of some of these series that are already out. But we'll see.

If you do decide to check out anything, be sure to check out the first episode of Itazura na Kiss. I know you're not that big on shojo, but what harm is there one episode? Who knows, you just might like it. Wink
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
EDIT: Oh Ko, do you think you could elaborate a bit more on this brief scene of nudity? Just making sure I know what I'm getting myself into is all.

It's nothing big -- just a topless old man at the end, then a naked guy swimming spoiler[(same character, but younger-looking)] where you catch a glimpse of his behind. But he gets clothes on fairly quickly. Nothing R-rated.

But the end of the ED theme there's a naked man and woman (viewed from the side), so you might as well just skip over that anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7