• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Purported Dragonball Trailer Screenshots Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malik_chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
Wow! No one looks like anything familiar! I though Bulma had teal hair? And why does the movie poster look like it has NOTHING to do whatsoever with Dragonball?

Anyway, I lol'd and I'm going to avoid this movie like the plague... and I agree: Piccolo looks like Nosferatu.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote
Eh, really can't judge an entire movie on a couple random stills, I'll reserve my judgement until I see the actual trailer. Piccolo actually looks fine to me, he isn't dark green, but I wouldn't call that a normal flesh tone either. He also looks old which fits if that's what they're going for.

I'm still interested.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:36 am Reply with quote
SharinganEye wrote:
fighterholic wrote:
As usual, I see a bunch of people who have given up on life in general Rolling Eyes Does anybody know how to lighten up a bit?

The Piccolo isn't the GREEN?!!! Blasphemy!

But in all seriousness, that Piccolo scares me. Shocked

It'll be added in digitally later! Then ya can be scared of a green martian. Laughing
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote
Okay there's good movies, like No Country for Old men, The Dark Knight and maybe even Tropic Thunder..but oh my god they're gonna have to change the rules of movie making after this comes out, the academy's standards are gonna have to conform to that of Dragon Ball!!

Titanic who? Iron what now? Goku, finally bigger than Jesus? Well we already knew that was true.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Eh, really can't judge an entire movie on a couple random stills, I'll reserve my judgement until I see the actual trailer. Piccolo actually looks fine to me, he isn't dark green, but I wouldn't call that a normal flesh tone either. He also looks old which fits if that's what they're going for.

I'm still interested.

Emerje
That pic could be before Piccolo gets his youth back.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I stand by my original statements: this movie is going to suck.
Me too.I'm still going to chug a bottle of Patron,before going to see this piece,and when my doctor says "You're going to die,you've got sclerosis of the liver" I'll tell him "I'm dying inside because piccolo wasn't green." Also,bring on the new Voltron movie,Doc.

fighterholic wrote:
As usual, I see a bunch of people who have given up on life in general Rolling Eyes Does anybody know how to lighten up a bit?
Oh, I'd lighten up if the comedy relief known as Krillin were here.I'm sure you know of him.Hollywood sure doesn't.

It's going to generate a ton of money despite all the trash talk,and then we'll probably see more non-green piccolo,out of character kami,bulma the warrior and bad hair day goku in the future.I hope bulma learns the kame-senin wave and destroys piccolo daimao.There was a screen shot of a toxic dump I saw earlier in the year,maybe they're leading up to where piccolo got his green.That would be sweet,bro.

Last edited by Shadowrun20XX on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcwave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
Cool screenshots. Can't wait to see the movie Smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
Emerje wrote:

I'm still interested.

Emerje
That pic could be before Piccolo gets his youth back.

Exactly my thoughts. Depending on how the movie goes there'll be a younger and possibly darker skinned Piccolo to come.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quote
That's probably how it will go down,minus a few characters.They still have a while to refine the title.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
Krillin was dead during the Daimao arc anyway,so it shouldn't be a big issue. The Dragonball/Z movies rewrite the story all the time so it won't be a problem for me.
tarrin4ever

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
Technically the dude's been locked in a rice cooker for the last hundred years, so it makes sense if he's missing a bit of pigment.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote
SharinganEye wrote:
But in all seriousness, that Piccolo scares me. Shocked

Well, if it is my recollection, Piccolo IS supposed to be scary.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
tarrin4ever wrote:
Technically the dude's been locked in a rice cooker for the last hundred years, so it makes sense if he's missing a bit of pigment.

I'm sure they'll change it to him being locked in an iPod or a video game disc for the last hundred years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fearlololoki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Personally, I like what I see so far, more or less.

A movie shouldn't NEED "Well this how they did it in the anime" to excuse it's own short comings. I say this because while it's nice for Piccolo to be green, it would only not look silly IN THEORY. I want something that breaths new air into the franchise. I think if the characters can get the emotions and personalities of the characters down, I have no problem. I watch movies for good acting and messages. If I really just wanted a bunch of real people in 100% accurate costumes, I'd go watch a bunch of cosplays do a skit.

This movie might not be the best movie ever...but it's not like it's playing itself off to be the next big thing. I mean, other than AN I haven't heard a single thing about it in the real world. As such, this movie will be ok as long as it has: the same charming characters ( i.e. don't make Bulma into a hard as nails badass action girl, devoid of anything remotely human or feminine about her), humor and fight scenes. If it has all there, I don't mind writing it off as a movie with costumes and makeup "inspired" by the original Dragonball Z characters.

Maybe I say this because I would ashamed when I read the inevitable flame about how Piccolo's makeup makes serious scenes awkward and stupid. Let's at least give it a chance. Go see it with friends and make fun of it afterwards if you have to. Anything can be enjoyable if you try!
tidusora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
The only thing that pisses me off is the poster (because it doesn't even look related to Dragon Ball), but Emmy Rossum (Bulma) is just too hot. Very Happy

I don't mind the Piccolo look. He's supposed to be the "sinister" Piccolo before he became all calm anyways....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5